Giving up :(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by opticchaos, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opticchaos

opticchaos Member

I give up. I'm giving up with trying to have a good life, as nothing ever goes right for me. This might sound like depressed moaning, and you'd be partly right, but the thing is it's more like a statement of fact.

And the facts are like this: I have a friend, a best friend really, and she is the personification of the classic screw up yet everything is going well for her. Let me just explain what I mean. She, we'll call her BJ for now, is lazy, not very clever, and wants to so nothing but drink and fuck. BJ has a degree, a job, a girlfriend, and prospects. BJ has her own house and a brand new car with £5000 in the bank.

I, on the other hand, am dedicated, intelligent and always trying to better myself. I'm unemployed, unqualified, single, and going nowhere fast. I still live with my mother and can't afford even a 5 year old car. Or anything else for that matter.

On top of all that, BJ has only been out as gay for about 2 months and in that time, she has managed to ingratiate herself into the gay community. Find loads of gay friends. Get a girlfriend. And become a valued member of the community. Meanwhile, I've been out as gay for 7 years and in that time I have made one gay friend, had 3 girlfriends, and am pretty much unknown as a member of the community.

My entire life has been like that. Everyone around me doing better for themselves than I do.

So long story short, I just give the fuck up. I don't want to be here anymore, don't want to pretend to be happy anymore, don't want to talk anymore, I just want to be not feeling this anymore and I can't think of anyway to make that happen.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sorry hun you are so depressed Try not to compare you to anyone else ok Your circumstances lead you on a different path but you can still be successful some people have it easier but when you have to fight for something you appreciate it more when it happens hun. You do not know what tomorrow will bring you hun so do not give up hope ok Hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.