Giving Up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chocolatelab, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chocolatelab

chocolatelab New Member

I just want to die. I have dealt with depression and anxiety for more than half my life and it's not going away or getting better. I am so pathetically alone; I haven't even dated anyone in 7 years, and I know that isn't going to change either. I turned to drugs and alcohol to help me cope and now my health is bad enough that I can't keep using or drinking without really unpleasant side effects. So I've lost my only escape from this darkness.

There's no reason to go on. I'm just posting so that I feel less alone when I die. I can't stand to keep living anymore.
  2. Nichole

Nichole New Member

I know how you feel. I just hope that we can both find other ways of coping. Im dealing with my own suicidal thoughts but im here if you need/want to talk
  3. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

You are not alone. Many of us here are just trying to hold on. I know that feeling of torment.
  4. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Member

I think all of us on this site can relate, it's why we come here.

Truth is, we don't know what you've been through, but we do know that you're still here if you made this post last night. Love/Dating people comes when we least expect it. We can't base our own personal happiness off of it. A very famous quote is, "can't love anyone until we love ourselves" and this is a perfect demonstration.

Hold on, if not for your family, friends, us on this forum or yourself; hold on for those wanting you to fail. Try to feed off that motivation to hang in. You got this.
  5. Luie

Luie Well-Known Member

Found this on tumblr once:

"It’s gross as fuck to tell people that no one will love them until they love themselves. Loving yourself is hard. Listen: you are loved, you are worthy of love and respect, and you can be loved even on the days when you see nothing in yourself to love."
  6. chocolatelab

chocolatelab New Member

Thanks, Luie. I needed to hear that today.

I didn't mean to imply either that my lack of dating experience is the only reason why I'm so miserable. Far from it; it just seems like my loneliness is further proof of how pathetic and unlovable and worthless I am. The real issues here are that I suffer from unending depression and anxiety, and nothing I ever do will take those conditions away. I know it sounds like those are mild compared to the mental health problems others go through, but I am barely able to function with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.