Giving up....

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by kyle88, Jul 12, 2010.

1. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

I try to be friends, i try to help people, and for some reason I am always the bad guy...

I hate when people constantly look at the faults in other people but are so oblivious to their own... or even worse when they look at your faults, and then DO THE EXACT SAME THING themselves... and when you point it out, guess what... thats a fault of mine too...

I don't even know why I try so hard to make friends or try to get people to like me... always ends the same, they either use me until im no good, or find some sort of fault in me and move on...

So why try and help others? especially people who never even bother to return the favor?

Dunno, sometimes i get too optimistic i guess... Whats the point of helping others? what am i honestly expecting? them to become my friend? or someone i can talk to whenever... thats how lonely and pathetic i've become...

From now on, i refuse to help others... infact i should be more like them then maybe i'll make friends... don't help other people and only put myself first... and when people do try and help me, i'll just look for faults in them...

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I think you should continue to be the sweet person that you sound like you are, and that you should not allow others to have the power to take that away from you. I would like to be your friend, and I will not judge you. I am far from perfect so enough said. Laughs. Blessings..

3. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

I agree with Daphna but I understand what you're saying and have felt the same way. Also what many of us are going through here can make us pretty selfish at times. If it's part of your personality to try and help others, you have to try and accept that. It does sound like perhaps you haven't encountered the right people yet. It seems like a somewhat common trait, though, for people that have suffered to try and help others. Close enough to what I'm trying to stay, I guess.