Giving Up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GoldenPsych, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I'm just going to give up. I have no fight left and can't see any point any more.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

There is a point and my only suggestion is to seek it. All the answers in life are not going to just fall in your lap. You have to seek it to find it. That is the truth for everything. If you want information you have to look it up. In this case it is the same, but in a spiritual sense. Many people neglect their spirit, but they do not realize that their spirit is what needs their attention and love. Their spirit when it is sick affects the whole physical body. How do I know? Because once I went on my spiritual journey and lived for my spirit instaed of just for my flesh my whole life changed for the better. I would definately do this before giving up entirely. Blessings..

3. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I was feeling that way myself last week. Then out of the blue - ABSCESS!. One of those sly ones that hides under a tooth!

The throbbing began low key but ended up with me in agony at around 3.00am in the morning. Anyone who has had a toothache caused by an abscess will testify as to the intense pain. I've been up for 36 hr so far.

I got to say, depression, at that point, absolutely got blown away. My mind had pretty much deleted the negative thoughts that spring up. They seemed and seem trivial - the depression itself seemed insignificant.

Other events over the years, kind of shocked me out of thinking about myself. I'm convinced that the less I think about myself, in any egotistical manner, the better off I am. The more I do for others, the better I feel about myself.

Having a job or education to go to in the day is vital. This way, you come home and see your home as a place to relax, a sanctuary. The time you spend by yourself is important, but depression can thwart this by forcing you to spend more time by yourself just mulling over the past and reverting to usual patterns of making mental mountains out of the emotional molehills.

Selflessness is something to aim for in more ways than one. Most of the time we use thinking seems to be wasteful and follows no real discipline or logic. Thinking about the past - any mistakes or mishaps, loves lost, jobs lost and maybe minds, serves no purpose unless its to learn by it.

Depression teaches you something. It shows you that kindness matters.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

don't know what to say. hope for the best

it seem like you've been worried about going into the hospital, being away from work. maybe things could work out better than you think

hope you can get better.

please keep talking

5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

That's what I am trying to achieve and what is being taken away from me!

6. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I can't go into details, but I had a complete wipe-out of a particular line of work. Something I put my life into was taken away. This was bigger than work - more than love also which can just happen.

So I was at a loose end, still am in some ways. I never wanted to give up - furthermore its not my fault. Morally, I know I'm in the clear.

I hear you with your predicament - I know what your fighting and how it feels. As for your work - have things moved on since? Any decision been made?

Bear in mind you'd have the right of appeal if worse came to worse. You also have options regarding acquiring various qualifications. Maybe some time off would be a blessing in disguise. Either way, deal with that when it happens - don't envision what may or may not happen in that regard.

Right now, we're more or less in Spring Time - clocks go forward so we get an extra hour of daylight - or might do if we're not in the closed curtains mode. Ever get so down you literally hate the sunshine? True sign of depression if ever there was.

Try hard to make sure you get some of that sunshine. In simplistic terms we see depression as the darkness and hope as a shining light. In practical terms, make no mistake, we'd all feel a LOT better making sure we are out and about a little - wear light clothes, even better, sit out in the garden or whatnot for a hour exposing flesh to the healing rays of the sun.

I'm off to buy some shades, if the pound shop has a savvy manager he or she will have them on the racks. I could pay £120 for designer glasses, but I choose to save £119 and have the assurance that nobody cares much apart from a few snobs.

Be well.

7. xx.whisper.xx

xx.whisper.xx New Member

i wanna give up too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.