Glad I'm not young

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Wolfen, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfen

Wolfen Member

I'm 43.

If I was even remotely bothered about being 'on the market' and was young enough, I'd be celibate if I relived my life. If I bothered to live it at all.

Not only do young girls seem pig-ignorant (ie. shopgirls etc etc) and humourless, but the muzak charts and TV seem to be overrun by similarly materialistic and dumb silly girlies. All X-factor, soaps and mobile-phone-glued-to-ear?

God help my kids- but there must be many UN-ignorant and intelligent girls out there?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Rather ignorant of you to make such a generalization, wouldn't you say?

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

If you are angry about a specific experience you've had; it may be best to post in the 'let it all out' part of the forum.

As a 22 year old woman, I just wanted to say that I see many other teenage/college aged girls and boys have a roudy/immature aspect of them that many older people see as stupidity and ignorance. In fact; most young people are quite liberal and open minded thinkers- meaning that they see a whole span of knowledge that older generations may not bother to see or think about at all.

Music is shit. we all know that. The music industry has evolved into something that is purely sex driven and the thoughtfulness/ talent that was once put into music is much harder to find now. It's all about making as much money as you can- as fast as you can; as pretty much everything is about these days. I actually believe it was your generation who decided on this.

So obviously, like you are not a person who believes that 'sex sells' and would rather have people think and be more witty and responsible - there are all sorts of people out there... many of these people who you judge to be ignorant may actually be quite the opposite.

I'm not a rocket scientist or a psychologist; but I'm a person with common sense and an open heart. I am also 'on the market' but not interested in the dating scene.
    That's all.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yep there are, and you'd be surprised that some, (not all) would find your thoughts repellent.

You'd also be surprised as to how many of those pig-ignorant girlies are incredibly intelligent but are dumbing themselves down for whatever reason, including 'the market' out there.

That's not to say I don't share your feelings- I get irritated, I don't watch tv, and I feel similar to you, but I've realised people are far more complicated than the surface image they put on....even those spiritual intellectuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.