Glandular Fever

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dragon, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Has anyone ever had this? It's possible that I might, but I'm not sure. What are the symptoms? I know I could look them up online but I'd prefer input from people who'd actually had it.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I had it and its a rotten illness.
    One day you feel fine, the next you can barely get out of bed.
    If you have it expect chronic fatigue.

3. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Thanks to severe anaemia and depression I have that anyway. There's something wrong with all the glands in my neck and along my jaw but I have no bloody idea what.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Could be thyroid problems also..You really should see a doctor and have some blood work done. Better to know for sure before it gets worst...

5. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I used to get that problem a lot... could just be a minor infection, some antibiotics should clear it up quite easily, but you should really go to the dr. if it's swollen.

6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Fee, hope you are ok. Does sound like you should get it checked out by your GP. Get well soon and then we can meet up here in sunny Salford.:hug:

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

From my experience having it, specific symptoms might include: sore throat, unfightable fatigue (sleep all the time without feeling refreshed in the least), possible weakness (I passed out twice), general aches and malaise/flu-like feeling, headache, swollen glands (everywhere), fever (usually low, but might spike over 102°F), maybe a rash, probably a swollen spleen (which might make your tummy a bit tender). Can run from about 2 weeks to a few months, with the chronic fatigue sometimes lasting quite a bit longer.

I hope it's just a minor infection. Maybe time for a complete physical? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.