Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by fromthatshow, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

What do you guys think of this guy? I think he's a nut.

If you don't know who he is, he's got a TV show on FOX news. He's constantly comparing Obama to Hitler and called him racist against white people once. The Daily show makes fun of him all the time.

Anyway what do you guys think?

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Lets see, what else can I add...you already mention nut which is a very good start. He's an idiot...there's one, a jerk...a terrible actor (because he is after all acting)...have you seen him cry yet, on tv? It's hysterical!

The simple answer would be (including what we've already said) is that he's a:

"right wing fringe, lunatic nut-job"! He's paid by Fox news (Fox "noise" as it's referred to in the more moderate circles) to further the extreme right wing viewpoint...he is not a newscaster...he's a paid showman trying to stir up the far right with a hyper-emotional, hate-spewing televangilist-style mantra.

Sometimes, if "Spongebob" isn't on and I need a laugh, I'll check to see if he's around...he's sub-humanoid...he'd easily lose a debate to Patrick Star!

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:rofl: you said it great

I also turn it on for entertainment sometimes. And I have seen him cry lol. I've never seen someone so insincere in my life.

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

The man's pompous and self-righteous. He's constantly acting as if he's at the forefront of some great war for America's soul. In the process, he stirs up fear, paranoia, and further division, drowning out the moderates from both sides of the partisan divide.

Furthermore, he has practically no credibility as a pundit. There have been times on his show that he seems to bring up decent points, only to load them with such hyperbole and ridicule as to make them completely invalid. He's perpetuating the conservative stereotype of being loud, obnoxious, and uncompromising.

Lately, he seems to be trying to make an appeal to moderation on some of his episodes. I've yet to determine whether this is genuine or just an act. I suppose the verdict is still out.

5. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Not to get shallow and personal or degrade this discussion but his head reminds me of a Chia Pet.

7. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

I really dont get this obsession on the liberal side with all these conservative media people

I don't get why any conservatives like them them either

Its jut kinda ridiculous how much attention these people get

8. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Nobody on Fox News is reputable. They're all cut from the same mold.

9. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

10. GabrielConroy

Wishing someone dead who has done nothing to you does give you the moral high ground

11. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Please list every person on fox news and why they are not reputable. Really, I am curious how you came about this.

12. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

Shep Smith is the only one who seems to be a little less right-wing than is normal for Fox 'News'

13. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thanks for the opportunity Mike. EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION, especially at about the 6:00 minute mark for proof that GLEN BECK IS NOT REPUTABLE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0y194T69Y0

Mikeintx...there's tons more, do you want me to continue? Happy to oblige!

Then we can move on to O'Reilly

14. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I am not talking opinion shows. Those are opinion shows. I rarely watch opinion shows. Everyone thinks Fox is just opinion shows. I forget because I have HD satellite, but does Fox business come in for you? If it does give it a watch sometime midday, I think you may be surprised. They tend to be pretty level headed about stuff and have a surprising amount of libertarians and liberals on. Also I should say Dave Ramsey is the fing man. That is all.

15. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Mkeintx: you asked why people on Fox Noise (ok "news") are not reputable...and asked us to list them...so I started to do so and could continue for a long time if you want...

The thread is about Glen Beck and Fox, not about all conservatives of all shows...nobody said conservatives are not reputable...

Also I would add that the fox business channel would be different as they give their opinions on the stock market, investment strategies etc...But, then again, Don Imus is now on that channel and though I find him entertaining on occasion, he has a horrible history of faux pas' and outright horrible, racially insensitive statements, the most recent of which got him kicked off of MSNBC...

The owner of Fox, ultra-conservative Rupert Murdoch, has his own history of questionable and hurtful statements, which I can also list if you wish...he has his own agenda, and is the heart and soul of that station and other media outlets

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  16. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

All I can say is thank goodness for fact checkers...J

17. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Not to get off topic but the issue with Fox News is that it was created precisely to counter a percieved liberal bias in the media. In having that objective, it already creates a bias on it's own by constantly trying to be the counterpoint to the other stations.

Even in its news reporting, there have been several issues with accuracy (namely during the Bush Administration, in which many scandals and issues were overlooked or given disproportionately less attention).

18. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Fox gets way too much attention. They are the trolls of news media, just ignore them and they wont matter as much anymore.

19. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

he has done plenty to me and the people who think like him have done plenty to me

20. GabrielConroy

what has he done to you :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.