globa warning!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by danni, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danni

danni Chat Buddy

what do you think that we need to change to not be so full of co2? I know the U.S.A is one of the reasons why its so bad because are government ingorned it and pretend it go away.
  2. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

in my opinion i dont think theres really anything we can do.. bible says this world is gonna end.. something has to end it and its getting closer to the end every day..

Bible says there will be earthquakes in divers places.. meaning earthquakes in the ocean- well we are starting to see them and they are causing tsanmis that flood places.. the earth is burning up in many places , wildfires and dry weather is causing lakes and ponds to dry up.. rain is in places where its not needed and those places get flooded.. tornadoes are getting bader , hurricans are getting worser.. this country is in turmoil.. mother nature is in pain..

Bible says this is the begining. of birth pains.. the end is getting nearer but what day and time we will never know but we can see as the bible states only way to tell what type season we are in is by looking at the leaves on the trees..thats how bad its getting and its gonna get worse..
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

It's crap. Trees live off of CO2 for one thing. For another thing, we've only been measuring the temperature for 100 years, so we really know almost nothing about it. I believe in trying our best not to pollute the environment as much as possible, but the "global warming" thing has gotten out of hand and is a springboard for environmental lobbyists to gain power and influence over the government.
  4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

true and back thing people who were tree hugers we thought they were crazy for they did but they did a go thing for us. I mean all the ice is melting and those beauitful places will be gone preety soon.
  5. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

i agree!!!:eek:hmy:
  6. abandof

abandof Well-Known Member

The amount of CO2 we produce basically just isnt enough to create such an an effect within such a short period of time. Global warming is a natural process which seems to cycle over time. :smile:

I think people just say it's all caused by our pollution, because it makes people think they can stop it all.
  7. Apparently the world will end in 2012 because of global stuff.
    I'm actually scared lol.
    But well, this world has to end someday, and if that day is soon, then erm...
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Where did you hear the world will end 2012? :eek:hmy: (I'm not debating, I've just never heard that. :eek:hmy:)

Curiosity killed the cat, or the Caz. :laugh:
  9. lol

I heard it...
    on this video thing
    and it's on the news
    and people keep saying
    'the world is going to end in 2012'
    i'm scared now lol.
  10. snafu

snafu Member

Is it me or does the US get blamed for everything?
  11. asqy

asqy Well-Known Member

it was the mayans who said the world would end in 2012. CO2 doesnt cause it anyway. the atmosphere is only made up of .03% CO2, seems unlikely that reducing CO2 emissions would have any effect.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  12. Raven

Raven Guest

Its kinda hard to stop global warming at this point, as the world heats feed back loops start to come into play and the system can take off by itself, but their are things we can do to start to do.

Tear down the old coal power plants and start to implement some of the newer and cleaner coal technology. This would reduce the amount of lead, mercury and other chemicals that reach our water supplies; this would also help with the amount of C02 that is being produced.

Instead of burning ethanol, gasoline etc for our daily transportation needs start to build city that are walk able, end the huge amount of urban and ex-urban sprawl. Build mass transit systems that work in conjunction with city wide planning that will make such systems feasible.

People should remove themselves partly from this mass consumer market we have made, make things that last again and are worth repairing instead off all the plastic junk we have made, end the exporting of raw martial to other countries to be refined and then shipped back to the country, make this local once again.

A reduction of the world population of around 6.5 billion people down to 2 to 3 billion people.

Just a couple of things we could do, and for any one interested here are a couple of fun things to look up,
    Global dimming, it may be that the pollutions that we are throwing up their are blocking some of the sun from reaching the earth.
    Global warming feed back loops, aka as the earth heats the permafrost melts that leads to methane that has been stored in the earth to escape into the atmosphere.

Let me put it this way, if we are causing it or not the globe is warming, the steps that all those crazy hippies are putting out their to stop global warming would make life a lot better living even if they do not stop global warming. Like being able to fish out of the ocean without worrying about mercury poising coming from our nice little power plants.

Just my two cents
  13. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I honestly think global warming is out of our hands now. I dunno it seems like some made up story to me. Humans are bound to kill off their species soon enough anyway.
    And I mean who can be fucked taking all the measures to make their lives "carbon neutral" I surely can't. Call me lazy I don't care. But to see what this world has come to already there is no hope anyway for us. Yeah I'm gonna be selfish and say it's not gonna affect us, this generation, why should we save something that is inevitably gonna go down like the Titanic anyway? It's like the dinosaurs...they died, we're all gonna die too. It's just the way this place worked. No matter how people want to live her forever..the truth is we wont, and the sooner we realise that and move on the better our lives will be.
  14. snafu

snafu Member

Wow, right there are some workable solutions. :tongue: "A reduction of the world population of around 6.5 billion people down to 2 to 3 billion people."
    Hmmm how do you suggest we do that???
  15. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

This site should cover some of your basic questions.

Humans have certainly impacted the environment in many ways; the calculations on exactly how much influence our society has on various aspects of the environment will continually be controversial - our accuracy and knowledge on the subjects are expected to increase dramatically during the 21st century with the help of technological advancements. I see the natural environment as an important area of focus for our generation, along with the energy crisis and economic changes. I believe we'll have more of the specific answers we're looking for in the coming decades.

The link below is a video of a decent presentation on global warming for those of you who prefer visual over verbal learning. The speaker is Dr. David Chapman of the University of Utah.
  16. Esmeralda

Check out the voluntary human extinction movement :)
  17. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

That's not really true, we can take ice core samples (for example) that can tell us about global climate patterns going back millions of years.
  18. Esmeralda

Yes but temperature changes of 1 or 2 degrees in 100 years aren't going to be apparent in these samples. I believe this sort of thing is cyclical and completely normal.
  19. Raven

Raven Guest

Thats the problem most of this has to come from the people, not from the government or legislation but simply from people seeing that their is indeed a problem with the way of life we have chosen and then choosing to make a difference.
    Theirs other people out their with the same thing in mind, the idea being that with a lower population the world would be able to support a much higher slandered of livening for each person while maintaining the planet we all call home.

Looking at just global warming is short sided, its the host of other problems as well that are coming from the overuse of fossil fuels. it is our children that will pay the price for the life that we choose to live and we have it within our power the ability to change the world for the better.

All of this of course is a pipe dream that will never happen, we will site by as we poison the oceans, as the amazon is turned into a desert, and the world that was ceases to be. Not because we do not have the ability to change we just fail to have the passion to do so.
  20. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I've heard that is the year the Maya thought the world would "end." Not be destroyed as we think, but changed into a new world. I also heard it when I was listening to a sermon (completely randomly) on the radio, the only reason I listened is because it was all about the approaching apocalypse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.