Go me?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by odnox, Jun 7, 2011.

1. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

I just updated my resume and uploaded to the typical job sites and made them public. I feel better.

I've been working with this company for a couple of years. I'm a programmer that was promoted to management. I hate management. And at present I hate my project. Mostly I hate all the bullsh!t that comes with working in a big company, especially in IT.

My boss and her boss took a chance to promote me into management because I was the only capable person in the group. They've put me on the succession plan, to which if I stay for 3 years I could potentially be leading 50-60 people and have a real shot at the CIO job. But right after the promotion they dumped everything on me. So, not only do I still have programming work to do, but I also have to do all the management crap and on several completely separate projects. It just never lets up. So, I no longer have an interest in management or my company.

So, anyway, I feel better. I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to get a job, but I'm shooting to get out of management and back into just being a programmer.

Maybe, go me. Or not, I'm still keeping suicide as an option.
  2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

wow - you've been busy! Good job!

I hope you find a position that you are happier in and causes less grief.

Take care.