Goal set - Need your help

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by *dilligaf*, Apr 23, 2009.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Okay so I am going away some time in May (Rough date around the 20th) and I want to loose a stone (14lbs) before I go.

I currently weigh (Cant believe I am going to post this :dry: ) 21:0 and want to get down to 20:0 before I go away.

I am going to start a food diary blog in a min and I'll pop the link in my signature for anyone who is interested. I have a fitness DVD here too which I am going to force myself to start doing.

I have no idea how I think you can help ... but I know that if I am going to stick to this I need your support.

All help gratefully recieved :tongue:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Sending support and good luck your way! :D :hug:
    Losing weight is hard but worth it in the end.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Best of luck. Hope your able to achieve your goal.
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks people :smile: :grouphug:
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

of course hun :hug: i'm confident you can achieve that :hug:
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'm never going to be bloody well skinny :dry: What's the fecking point :dry: :blub:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Sam,

How are you trying to lose weight at the moment?

Do you have a diet plan?exercise plan?

Don't deprive yourself of eating the food you love,that will just make you crave it more and you'll be much more likely to binge and break your diet.Instead have a bit of everything.
    Hunger is often confused with thirst too,so if you 'think' you're hungry,drink plenty of water and if you're still hungry after 30 min, have a snack. With all that water drank you'll be less likely to over indulge too.
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks for trying to help
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: :hug: Not true :mad:

There's a great site that contains a journal and personalized charts etc..for you www.fitday.com You can track exactly what you eat/calories/fat intake ..your goals everything and its free too :)
  10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks for the site Lynn, it looks really good.

Sorry, I'm just feeling very ..... disheartened atm :sad:

Maybe in a few days I'll kick start it again.
  11. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Sam, I'll help you..... I know exactly what this is like, I've lost 3 stone since January and know all the highs and lows!!!!! Come on Sam, we can do it!

:hug: Hazel
  12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:sad: Can I PM you?
  13. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

14. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

15. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I read your food diary. You aren't doing bad at all. The only thing I'd change was I saw the one drink(s) you drank ranged up to 500 cals. I don't know if that's for the whole day but if it is I'd start trying to drink alot more water because it helps flush out the system and it's just better for you. Also I don't know about over there but they sell 5 cal drop in flavors for the water. So you can get like Crystal Light Fruit Punch drop ins and the water will only be 5 cals each bottle you drink. I don't know just a thought.

Good luck. I'm doing the same as you. I signed up for the site lynn gave you so if you need any motivation feel free to PM me.
  16. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks Kells,

As for the drinks, yeah ... damn alcohol :dry: I'm trying to cut down :smile:

Hazel is helping a lot, and I joined the site too.

Good luck btw
  17. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Just keep gettin back on that horse... if you keep trying you will eventually succeed but you wont if you quit. Cut out sugars, keep protein higher and like lynn said drink lots of water and you can do it :hug: