god doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by sweetsweet, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetsweet

sweetsweet Well-Known Member

So people should sop complaining about how complicated it is and blaming stuff on the thing. Certain people's lives just suck.

2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i wish i could say i agree with you, but to only one extent i can. i do totally believe there is a God. i also believe that some peoples lives do just suck, but i also happen to believe that given time it's possible for that to change at least to a small degree if not more than that.

please take care

3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Ignore what others say about God. They don't know what they're talking about most of the time, and thereby take away anothers potential to listen to their own conscience/mind/spirit.
    Strive for simplicity. I like that.
    BTW, I believe in God, how else did the Universe get here? :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

You're, of course, welcome to your perspective. Therefore, I am also welcome to mine.

There is indeed a God, who is an active, personal force in my life, strengthening my spiritual and moral life to the extent that I allow him. In addition, I anticipate spending a non-ending (eternal) life with him in heaven after this life ends.

Not complicated. Perhaps hard for people with complicated lives and minds to believe, but simple, nonetheless.

As to sucking lives - God knows as well as we do that life is far from perfect, and offers to help us find peace in the midst of the chaos.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It's all a matter of perspective. You cannot objectively claim that a person's life sucks. Anyone can choose to view there lives in whichever way they want.

And does it really matter if God exists or not?

6. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

The existence or non-existence of God is a subject given considerable attention for thousands of years. I doubt that it will be resolved by us at this forum.

7. fromthatshow

:laugh:

8. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Few things...

1. to the guy\girl that said "how ales the univarse was created"...
    go to www.google.com and tipe "the thiory of the big bang" the click "search"..

2. many religius people think that crist looks like a white men...
    in fact crist was a jew from the middle east he had no european relations
    which results in him beeing more of an dark skined arab like dude...
    In th bible thay said he have copper colord skin...
    But still religius people see him as white dude with blode hair (and blue eyes?)

3. there is no god becouse if there were god, things like ww2 and the mass
    killing of jews couldnt take place in our history (god allowed it?)

4. every sec a women somewhere in the world is raped
    while i tiped this reply about 250 woman had been raped...
    do you think such thing could happen if there were god?
    the all mighty who protect us and cares about us?

5. go to www.google.com and tipe "chrestian communisem"
    you will be surprised what you will find out...

6. go to www.google.com and search for "chrestianity history"
    and you will see how the church and religion was all about controlling people..

9. hyperionxvii

hyperionxvii Member

1. to the guy\girl that said "how ales the univarse was created"...
    go to www.google.com and tipe "the thiory of the big bang" the click "search"..

The big bang theory, and it is still only a theory, does not prove nor disprove the existence of God. If the universe were in a state of ultimate density at one time, and then there was a big bang and it expanded rapidly outward and is still expanding, then ask yourself the question 'where did the universe at its ultimate mass / least density come from before the big bang? So the point of the guy/girl that ask that question is still just as valid, where did the universe come from?

2. many religius people think that crist looks like a white men...
    in fact crist was a jew from the middle east he had no european relations
    which results in him beeing more of an dark skined arab like dude...
    In th bible thay said he have copper colord skin...
    But still religius people see him as white dude with blode hair (and blue eyes?)

Not sure what the point is there, as far as the existence / non-existence of God.

3. there is no god becouse if there were god, things like ww2 and the mass
    killing of jews couldnt take place in our history (god allowed it?)

That still does not prove anything. The question is 'is there a God that created this universe?', not what would he allow or not.

4. every sec a women somewhere in the world is raped
    while i tiped this reply about 250 woman had been raped...
    do you think such thing could happen if there were god?
    the all mighty who protect us and cares about us?

This is ironic, whether you feel that all these atrocities should or should not be allowed by God, does not prove there is not one. I've always heard that God gave us free will, so if that's true, then some people do bad things even though it is so wrong because they have free will.

5. go to www.google.com and tipe "chrestian communisem"
    you will be surprised what you will find out...

Nothing that I find on the internet surprises me. But I do not take it all literally, that is for sure. The internet is a wonderful source of information, but you really have to try hard to weed the little bit of valid information from the bad. There are thousands of sites on the internet that argue the question of whether God exists or not, but none of them prove it or disprove it.

6. go to www.google.com and search for "chrestianity history"
    and you will see how the church and religion was all about controlling people..

That is very true, but man created all these religions, so it does absolutely nothing to answer the question of whether there is a God or powerful entity, whatever you would wish to call it, that created this universe, or not.

My opinion? This universe or what it has arisen from, is the product of intelligent creation. I base that opinion on all my life experiences and all the observations that I have made in this life, and it is only my opinion, but that's what I believe. Don't take offense, everyone has the own opinion, just giving mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is still all a matter of opinion. Just because you can google things does not make them true. Some people have very strong beliefs in one way or the other. Personally, I, for me, know God exists. Others will say not. As was mentioned previously in this thread, this subject has been debated for centuries and we will not reach a consensus here. People have choices and as a result of these choices things happen. Sometimes we make these choices and sometimes others make them for us or they are a result of choices made by others previously. Whether or not God exists does not determine how our lives are. Also our view of our lives can vary. I may see mine as something terrible, and someone else may view it as good.

11. sweetsweet

sweetsweet Well-Known Member

I should correct myself. I do believe in a greater being but I don't think it is anything like the God that most people have made up in their minds. I think it would be more like an overrall greater thing that we wouldn't be able to comprehend while on this planet instead of one being.

I also apologise for suggesting that anyones lives sucks. Going through what I am going through I should know better than to say stuff like that. Even if I feel like my life sucks and pointless. I know that there are just many people out there going through hard times and struggling with things that many around them probably don't understand.

12. fromthatshow

:laugh: I should make this my new signature.

13. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

If God created the universe, where was God before the universe? Where he had existed before the universe?

14. fromthatshow

Why is a god a "he" anyway?

15. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

This life is great and everything that happens is the only thing that could happen.

And God is a He because men wrote about it first :tongue:

16. hyperionxvii

hyperionxvii Member

These are the type of questions that boggle the mind. In a universe that our foremost scientist now theorize is over 15 billion years old, what are the extent of the possibilities? We are unable to answer those questions, but to ask them is to awaken to the possibility of seeking the truth. To not ask these questions is to abandon ones self to hopeless ignorant bliss. Not a state that I would care to be in myself. Keep asking these questions in the hope that you will one day find meaning to this existence. I have been asking these questions since I can remember, and I still have no answers, but I keep seeking...

17. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Misogyny goes (and keeps ON fucking going)...the fish has pretty much ALWAYS stunk from the head down... :mad:

Only a species such as ours - Masters of Hubris (proof a-plenty throughOUT our limited history) - THE most self-indulgent PARASITES on this Infinitesimally Small Speck within TOTAL Creation - would suppose ourselves worthy and fit to designate/assign attributes as well as a sex to ALL that is above and beyond our imagination...comprehension...aptitude to fathom in THE very smallest of increments...???!

HA!!!

(Metaphors...Allegory...?? GREAT stuff!!! Our minds may be able to handle that...and even keep peace with that...The rest is ALL quite arbitrary...closeness, GUD! Acceptance, GREAT!! Been there - done that...Do I KNOW anything?? What an IJIT I would be if I claimed that I did!!

And I had to laugh at the wonderful, 'blessed', and unique humility of someone here who recently said that "The Question" would NOT be solved here...

*SIGH*

:smile:

(A soul after my own soul)

:tongue:

18. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I love it FAL1. You never cease to amaze me. :)

19. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

why is there some thing rather than nothing? Did matter decide to exist? Couldn't be because matter has no mind. Before god existed there was nothing. Where did god come from? nowhere. It's impossible to know it seems. If there is a god I will ask it for sure. If there is not you wouldn't even realize you were dead, just blank. I'm agnostic , and think it's more likely that there is some thing spiritual in life.

20. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

So supposing God exists, and supposing he's male, do you think that he masturbates?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.