God etc. posts

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by MoAnamCara, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Now, yes, this side of me doesn't appear too often so I may well end up insulting some. This isn't a debate, hence it's not in the soap box area. This is my opinon and I'm upset.

It is truly wonderful that many people find solace in their own God. What I don't appreciate is anyone pushing their religion on anyone else. This is not the place for that. If I were on the edge and someone said to me to reach out to God, it would upset me even more.

This is not a place for judgement so this vent may be out of place because in a way I am judging by my words here.

However, don't assume that everyone wants to hear about your God or similar. Please.

Thank you.
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

People can have their opinions and beliefs, and they differ - but as a non-religious person myself, I wouldn't accept someone forcing their opinions on me.
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

People will have their own opinions and beliefs and they should express them. It is the choice of our own to listen or to dismiss.
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I know how you feel Mo, hence why I stay out of all the God and religion threads. I am non religious and I'd never enforce or inflict my beliefs on anyone else because some people really do find their solace in God and if that makes them happy, that is cool with me, I have no issues. What I don't like is people enforcing their beliefs on me who then try and guilt trip me for not believing in religion and making out I'm a bad person for doing so. Some people find solace in God, others don't. And I agree with you mo, it really upsets me when I type up a post looking for support and I get told to find God, if I wanted to find God, I'd go to a religious or Christian message boards, not a suicide forum.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Ofc people can have their own beliefs and express them, I agree. What I don't like, for me only, is when it is suggested that I, or others, lean on God or trust God or similar.

That's it. Done.

Any chance of having this thread closed please?
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

AMEN sister. I do think some people come here to spread the word to those who are suicidal because they see themselves as cyber missionaries. They want to save the misled people at sf. And thats why it upsets me. I honor that people have their beliefs. I just want to be able to post and not have someone post a religious answer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

i think that there is a difference between expressing your beliefs, and IMPOSING them on others as the only solution to your problems...it's is rather insulting to expect a person to tolerate someone who doesn't not accept that the person they are preaching to has different beliefs and doesn't need it...

I think it's okay to say you believe in god but to tell others the only way to feel better is to give themselves to god is not appropriate nor helpful...

these are just my thoughts and opinion on the subject
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I respect others beliefs, and hope they respect mine as well. I don't impose mine on others, and expect them not to do the same to me. Some of them seem to be cured by faith, I think that's great they found something to believe in, but it's not that easy for me. If it was, I would have been cured a long time ago. So don't feel bad about voicing your opinion, because you have just as much right as anyone else to do so. And I can understand why it irks you when people tell you what to believe in, or that you won't be happy if you don't believe in something, because that bothers me too.
  9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I agree completely and as requested am closing .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.