God is a trigger word

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anoriginalthought, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

Is this normal?

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I totally agree that God is a trigger word - because our response to the word depends totally on what we think about God - whether one of wrath/judgement or this amazing love that somehow has managed to bypass us; also the relationship we had with our own father (especially if non-existent) is connected with what we subconsciously project onto the "Our Father, which art in heaven......" and something inside us goes "NAH!"......

3. Raven

Raven Guest

A lot of thing's can be triggering, so no I do not think so but I do not know what it is about that word that trigger's you.

4. youRprecious!

a lot of things can be triggering of course - but I don't then get the connection between that fact and the "so no ....". God can be one of the lot of things, surely?

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The word God impacts life in many different ways. I can see where this word would trigger when past experiences have been negative.

6. cloudymemories

cloudymemories Active Member

God is a trigger word because he doesnt do anything for ya on times of distress. All we have is luck and fate. If God exists he might as well not coz he's good for nothing and he created us all knowing we'd suffer ahead of time.

Of course God triggers. He triggers me.

7. youRprecious!

I understand that thinking cloudy, I really do....... but I believe we still do have more than luck and fate. I was so stressed that I attempted, having given up all hope entirely,..... and yet He so arranged for my attempt to fail (I know it was Him) and has taken good care of me since, regarding the way forward and into healing. The God stuff (depending on the type of distresses) tends not to happen how we would want it to, or think it should happen - His ways are different from ours (he tells us that) - which is why we think He's not there or does nothing for us.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.