God is not a computer, so who or what is?/Meaning of life

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by DrivEthermissIon, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

'The riddle' by Five for fighting

The first step to a perfect belief system is to determine whether we are living as components in a flawless system, i.e. does everything EXCEPT FOR the system we are in have inherent flaws? How can it be perfect? It can be perfect if it is not governed by a God or Goddess, or by physics, but by an all-knowing, all-seeing system of unbreakable, unconditional, absolutely universal law, a force that will never have awareness. The second step is logically believing, given that that is in the affirmative, that major suffering cannot be perennial and that awareness never ends for any entity.
    The third step is to determine all the reasons for that limited suffering.

The meaning of life is this - We have hard times, some of us. This is to test our level of compassion in hard times. If we pass these tests, we're the best of heroes, and our tragedies and successes will somehow be highlighted by this system of law when it's workings and processes are complete and finished.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING - "The Riddle"

There was a man back in '95
    Whose heart ran out of summers
    But before he died, I asked him

Wait, what's the sense in life
    Come over me, Come over me

He said,

Son why you got to sing that tune
    Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon
    Let an angel swing and make you swoon
    Then you will see... You will see

Then he said,

Here's a riddle for you
    Find the Answer
    There's a reason for the world
    You and I...

Picked up my kid from school today

Did you learn anything cause in the world today
    You can't live in a castle far away
    Now talk to me, come talk to me

He said,

Dad I'm big but we're smaller than small
    In the scheme of things, well we're nothing at all
    Still every mother's child sings a lonely song
    So play with me, come play with me

And Hey Dad
    Here's a riddle for you
    Find the Answer
    You and I...

I said,

Son for all I've told you
    When you get right down to the
    Reason for the world...
    Who am I?

There are secrets that we still have left to find
    There have been mysteries from the beginning of time
    There are answers we're not wise enough to see

He said... You looking for a clue I Love You free...

The batter swings and the summer flies
    As I look into my angel's eyes
    A song plays on while the moon is high over me
    Something comes over me

I guess we're big and I guess we're small
    If you think about it man you know we got it all
    Cause we're all we got on this bouncing ball
    And I love you free
    I love you freely

Here's a riddle for you
    Find the Answer
    You and I...

Does God exist? I have no idea. It really isn't my focus in life. My focus in life is to surrender to a path of compassion for others, you might say 'You haven't done much' That's because my level of surrender is so extreme http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=71315 . I would do more, I would travel the world and help people, but my body and brain are too sick. If your health is good and you have some spare cash, I urge you to help others less fortunate. Like a sick child in Africa. I do it through World Vision. **** the political stuff, these are children's lives, and their family is helped too. I receive photos, med reports, letters, pics and updates, oh and drawings. That's the best thing I have ever done in my life. And that's not the only thing you can do, but the first step you take is the longest stride my friends. I know I have flaws, I accept you no matter your flaws, and I'm sensitised to pain and shock, so don't abuse me please ._. .

Be an instrument of good, instead of ordinariness. So that one day you will rise above the masses. Do it for others? No. **** them. If you think of others too much and you are not built to handle it, you'll break. Do it for yourself. Forgiveness of yourself and others is only found in compassion for others. The direct result of success and fulfilling relationships is happiness, but truest happiness only arrives from long-suffering in a path dedicated to compassion, but it's never too late to shoot for the stars as ***a single deed can make up for a lifetime of hate***, no matter who you are, so do whatever it takes not to be destroyed by the darkness. Compassion for others is a bug I hope most catch, it's fun, especially when you think it's all over ;) . Be gentle to all. Remember, each day's a gift and not a given right.~

This post is devoted to my best friend Kate/NoGood who helped me today in msn, and to Irish Doll who added me to Messenger today. Also to AlexDanish who was very sweet when I was in a black place. And to those who will ever suffer or go through tragedy, good or bad.
  2. DrivEthermissIon

Also devoted to my friend Missiontohell who is really, really cool! :IrishDoll:
  3. DrivEthermissIon

I don't think I'll be reading this thread again, it's too scary, I don't want to be made mincemeat of by someone like Aeterna. This thread is just for fun guys :sadpanda: .
  4. DrivEthermissIon

Feel free to post though, as I always say - some day I'll read it.
  5. DrivEthermissIon

6. DrivEthermissIon

I guess I'm a card :IrishDoll: hahaha
  7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm really off these these days. ;
  8. DrivEthermissIon

9. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

10. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

why does there have to be a meaning?
    A function i understand but not a clue were the idea of a meaning for our lives came from!
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Because it is something 'beyond' us? I mean why do people have such well thought out theories of God, angels, aliens, ghosts, and the loch ness monster, but can't tell you anything about electromagnetism?
  12. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

because gods etc have been spoken about for years, they are maleable and often get moulded to peoples level of understanding. That still doesnt answer why there has to be a meaning.
    What us there "beyond" us, apart from the universe itself.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

The meaning of life is to try to do the best for yourself, and try to do good for others. Simple as that. You don't have to succeed, as long as you try. We all have to be part of a society, no matter who you are and where you live, so it makes sense to make it the best you can. Not just for yourself, your family or your country, but for future generations. We are where we are today thanks to past generations creating something great and fighting for our liberty. Don't take it for granted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  14. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Because such legends are more intertwined within the fabric of society. And you don't have to think too much to create stories, you just have to be imaginative. Electromagnetism requires a level of thinking/being educated. You also can't control people too much with physics (ie threaten them with eternal hellfire, abductions, and the like).
  15. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Interesting thread, but unfortunately im not a very deep/ philosophical person so i cant fully appreciate it.
  16. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

that isn't a "meaning" of life, it is a good idea of what to do while living.
    Again why does there have to be a meaning?
    How could anyone ever prove such a thing?
    We have functions, we do not however have purposes
  17. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I like to think there is something greater after this. It just seems so plain/sad that this is all there is to life as we know it? Death is something that has always fascinated me. Just to see what's on the other side of this...when everything 'goes black'. It's funny, we can only explain so much in our lives until we just can't figure anything else out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.