God v. Satan

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Satan. He'd have more followers/people scared of him who would become followers out of fear... kinda like President Mugabe.
  3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

yeah but isnt satan working for god? meh id kick both their asses!!!
  4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I'd imagine they'd cancel each other out, given their need to define one another.

Or maybe I'm just being too Taoist about it XD
  5. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Only if you go by Jewish beliefs as laid out in the Torah, where you have satan as a loyal angel tempting man. If you go by either the Bible or the Koran, you have satan as a fallen angel who rebelled against God. If you go by the gnostic text "on the origins of the world", you end up with God working for satan, as satan is believed to be one of the aeons in some translations, second to pistis.

Sad I know this stuff isn't it, really?

Anyone wondering the outcome could do worst than to watch season 1 of southpark, with the boxing match. very funny.
  6. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  7. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

yeah but still... id whoop em. yeah. lord of heaven and hell. what a title...
  8. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Chuck norris FTW(bit dated I know, but still awesome)
  9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Charles Bronson would beat them both. He's dead, so he's more effective.
  10. just.me

just.me Account Closed

I thought the Church said there is no such thing as Satan...
    they had some problems with it so they decided to remove this idea
    so typical for the power hungry church...
  11. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i vote for Bronson ,too.Really,hands down lol.
  12. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Er, no.

No church (and which church do you mean, the catholics, the church of england, the methodists, the penticostals, what?) would remove such a fundamental tenet of Christianity and expect to be taken seriously. Its like taking the fonz out of happy days, it just doesnt work.
  13. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

Satan aka the prince of darkness aka the morning star KO's god in round 5
  14. just.me

just.me Account Closed

I think it was with the catholic church
    they had problem with suicidal teenagers which by the christian religion
    are going to hell, and some christian parents went against the church
    for saying that their children are going to hell, so they changed some things...
  15. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

The thing is mate, the vatican cannot change the Bible. It certainly cannot ommit something as significant as Hell from the Bible.

What it can do is issue a Papal Bull and decree that priests need to focus less on the hell and all such, but having been a Catholic for 19 years out of my 25, I can't ever remember a Papal Bull to that effect being issued. Ever. Nor can my Priest or the bishop of Durham with whom I am good friends.
  16. just.me

just.me Account Closed

well they did it once why cant they do it again?
    today all the churches around the world are using the second version of the bible
    and not the original one
    while the Jews are the only one that are still following the one true original copy
    Even the Muslims changed the original copy of the bible and turned it into Koran
  17. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Not a chance. How the hell do you think Christians get any followers? They say that if you don't join them, you'll go to fecking hell?!?! What the hell sort of religion is that. Aholes
  18. beaglelover

beaglelover Active Member

If you read the Bible, you will find that Satan will be "cast into the lake of fire and brimstone...and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:10) And the next verse tells us that God is sitting the throne in heaven. So according to the Bible, God wins.
  19. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

The bible is lol. I vote Charles Bronson.
  20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Never really liked the bible, i prefer tolkien's world. It's more epic and less drama
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.