Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by carbon monoxide perfume, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What makes a "God" to you people? Does he have to have powers to turn water into wine? Does he have to have power over your life? Do you just believe in him to give you "hope"?Or maybe it's just a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities? Tell me what makes a "God" please!
  2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

god is love, and complete submission to that god is faith. God is in the heart of everyone, and the creator of who you are
  3. Raiden

Raiden Guest

To me, a God doesn't have to have powers at all. It simply has to be someone that I believe in to the point I'd die for him/her. Either that or that person gives me an advantage over other people. <_<
  4. O so like anyone could be a "God"? So if I like my friend to the point I would die for him or her, there a "God"?
  5. hahaha, nice avatar despisedmage,

God doesn't exist, we have no proof of his existence. It is mysticism. People get absorbed in the delusion, and cannot think straight.

What's funny is that, well it isn't, makes perfect sense from my perspective, is that God is supposedly all powerful, yet he has given us no concrete clue or evidence of his existence, so he must have intended it to be that way. So how can a logical person, believe him? How is God expecting us to believe him? HAHAHA. I can already anticipate Christians response, they're gonna blabla-me.

So, yeah, but wait, God did send Jesus, that's one manifestation of God, and all these other things created by MEN. Still real sign of God.

What science tells us is that we have as much worth and purpose as monkeys, we're 'civilized' animals. We know we're gonna die. And this kind of mysticism gives people relief and comfort. It doesn't fool intellectuals, tho, who are usually skeptics.

Again I'm perfect, ok let me remain, normal for once, and stop this perfect non-sense.

What did I wanna say, hmmm... Yeah, see Christians will either tell you, let us all believe what we want, as if the debate revolves around that, or let you know that you're on the evil side.

But, from my rational perspective, I'm right and they're 'deluded', pardon the term.

Yeah, that's all I've got to say...

Or is this thread only for the 'deluded'? And no one is interesting in my ramblings that you've all heard before?

Again, I must find a way to make you 'crack', pardon the expression. And not let you all remain 'deluded'.

I don't wanna end this with amen, it's time, I normalize myself.
  6. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

7. The warning label should be there? I mean religion is a very crazy subject by itself.
  8. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

the warning label is propaganda, try and see it from all perspectives and check the history, it repeats itself
  9. Really you think so? I'm pretty sure that stuff is all true... All that stuff is in the bible, if people can rate movies and tv shows, that are bad, I think they should do to same to other stuff that is considered "bad" Would you want your child reading that? And by saying what you said you proved my point of the bible being bad lol!
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  10. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

how so? and finish your sentences
  11. Sure Mom...

It's more then propaganda, it's all true! I guess I will break it down for you...
    It's a work of fiction, please tell me if anyone on this earth can recall those events which take place in the "bible" happened? If you take fiction stories seriously then you are just living in a fantasy land. So snap back to reality for a moment please... So are you saying the bible does not have Suicide,incest,bestiality,murder,revenge,undermining of authority figures,human right violations,homosexuality,use of drugs and alcohol,morbid violence,torture. Please tell me have you even read the bible? or are just going on your own basic knowledge? As for the exposer warnings, can cause pathological disorders,hatred,bigotry, and violence including but not limited to fanaticism, murder, and genocide... I did not want to bring this up but, Hitler read the bible, he was a religious person, O my! he did do most of those things that the warning label says. opps... Guess we can't blame him for killing all those people, we did not have a warning label on it... Seriously would you let you kid read that if you had one? If movies and tv have ratings why can't books? Or is it because "God" is more excepted into todays society that no one seems to care, what the bible depicts? I don't want my child to be reading that until he is mature enough to understand those very extreme themes, it's like brain washing people, which Hitler did as well. Really think next time please...
  12. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

I'll probably end up ignoring this thread because I can't stand most view points when it comes to religion but a "God" is someone you can talk to - even if He doesn't answer your prayers.

Now I am a Christian but at times it's hard for me to consider even why I took this path.

I mean, I always end up coming back to Him even. The reason? I'm scared of being alone. What makes this "power" to keep coming back? It's different than the feeling of addiction or need.. it's some weird power that makes me come back to Him when I am alone.

Many Christians believe that once you ask for something in prayer, if He does not grant it, you need to work harder. This is what always gets me. Look at all the homeless and poor. Majority of them are so kind-hearted and have done no wrong to deserve to be in that situation. Yet, when they pray for help, are they getting any? No.

So that is what really makes me think about my religion..
  13. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

If a child can handle the content in a mature fashion then yes, i would gladly have a child read the bible. a child needs to cope and strive in the world in order to be happy and whatever that takes i would allow.

another point i would like to make is that the bible is a book, its a work of fiction which embellishes personal relationships. if you were to remove the bible from our culture you would remove everything that has ever happened to your subjective reality. Its the basis of tv programming, it defines things as a guide to a lot of people, good or bad its brought people together. but fuck all that horse shit, lets just make pictures of each other canoodling in the sun. lol, your funny, but do me a favour and stop this barrage, Im not in the mood to 'flirt'
  14. I respect that! but people pick religion for a way out of feeling alone, they want a since of hope for when they die, that there is another place, a better place, can't you see this is heaven? Stop, and look around, this is a beautiful would, just our depression clouds it, and when your depressed you need hope, so it's good to give yourself some hope, but don't give your self to much hope, because it's bad when nothing comes...There is no 'God" were"Gods" we have the power to create and destroy...
  15. lol, I never once said take the bible out of Culture lol, I said it should have that label on it, like all work that society, thinks is obscene, they have warning labels there their for reasons. Books should have them as well. Did you know that the people that shot up Columbine were religious people? Did you not here the stories of what they said to people before they executed them? It's horse shit to you because you wont look past your own views on such a topic as this... To let you know, I'm not some adult who cares what people should and should not read... I'm just a kid lol, just trying to make you look at a different view on this.. I'm not trying to flirt with you at all, <3
  16. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

Just don't make funky pictures of me. you make loving pictures of people you meet on the internet after a few exchanges of words. thats not right, you understand?
  17. I have no idea what you mean? That was a picture of Happiness, and friendship!I'm sorry you perceived it wrong... Thanks for the Tip mom=)
  18. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

you shouldnt of done what you did, your wrong, and just a piss taker, hiding behind a pc. grow up, or leave me alone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.