1. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I know not everyone here believes in God, but for those who do, maybe this will be encouraging. If you don't, maybe it can still be encouraging.

I've been hallucinating today. I didn't believe these were truly hallucinations until I prayed about it, but God is giving me strength. My heart is at peace right now. I know psychiatrists would probably chalk this experience up as another hallucination, but I know in my heart that it's real and God's touching my life. I can't describe the peace I have right now.

So, just an example of how when things seem to be at their worst, good moments and peace can still shine through.

2. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

Amen.

I believe in Jesus too. I really hope that he is moulding me to become a better person during this ordeal.

3. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

Im Protestant Reformator... God helped me a lot. I prayed and went to church, and He really helped me... God never abandons his children!

4. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

can't lie to you guys

I believe in god but he didn't do anything for humanity but creating religion wars , to him we're just "another" reality show
    atleast if I go to hell by saying that , it would be my own choice , I refuse to be someone's toy , what difference does it make for him if I sin or not , and why would he torture me in hell if he wasn't enjoying it
    I'm not a bad person , everybody likes me here but I choose to be free , atleast I don't hate anyone for his beliefs or his origins ! I just want to live my life and die , then god gonna decide where i'll go , and I highly doubt I'm going to heaven , if there's a hell then it's this spiritual confusion and wars between nations for who's got the best imaginary friend

all muslims are hated by everyone cuz of the doing of one foolish man who was once working with the CIA

better log out of all this religious stuff , leave it happen and sit & relax & live in peace
    no hate no wars
    sure religion might be about love
    but every religion got light & dark sides, and a people who represent each side

Bye , you can hate me for not following your path but I will never hate anyone

that was just my point of view , sorry if it did disturb you guys

5. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

sorry for double post but I wanted to add a detail :

I used to be a very religious guy who believe in god and worship him faithfully
    till a day .........

6. We're ALL God's children!!!!! If we are never abandonned, how do you explain child molestation, lifelong debilitating mental illness, suicide, horrible inhumane (inhuman) torture, slavery, women forced into prostitution, crippling poverty, people that starve to death daily, thousands of orphans whose parents died of AIDS, rape, spousal abuse... or do you believe that only "certain people" are deserving of such suffering that exists now as it always has??

I REALLY want to know!

For even Christ on the cross asked woefully "Father! Why have you abandonned me?"

7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This isn't the place for a debate..

The Soap Box is for that..

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yes, it states in the rules and guidelines that it's to be in the Soap Box, maybe change the subject to "Positive experience about God". By the way, this is the section from the rules about it: • Religious Discussions are now limited to the Soap Box forum, any threads outside this forum that turn into a religious discussion will be copied over to the Soap Box forum and the discussion in the original thread pruned so that support may be given and allow the discussion to continue unabated without hijacking the intent of the original poster.

I think this is an interesting thread though. Thanks for sharing this with us, just next time maybe put it in the Soap Box, as some people get triggered or upset by religious talk, thats why it was decided to only be limited to Soap Box.

Take care Hun. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
  9. Beat you to the punch. Done...

(thanks anywaze)

10. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I know, I thought I'd just explain more why it should be in Soap Box and show the rule to help them understand why. :smile: :hug:

11. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

By the contrary though (even if it is somewhat different to the rules), he isn't asking for a discussion, he's just stating what he's found.

I was posting that it wasn't a debate in reply to FoundandLost1's post.

I'm inclined to keep it here, unless the OP wants it moved :)

12. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Thanks for this post. It's good to hear that people can find God even in the worst of times. My heart goes out to you :heart:
    And FoundandLost, I agree we are all God's children, and imagining myself as His child, and I often remember this in times when I'm down. Knowing that He is proud of me and will never abandon me gives me comfort :)