God?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by the-price-is-wrong, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is just an opinion. In no way am I trying to say what you believe is wrong. You can believe whatever you want and I am not going to judge you.
    I do not believe in God. I do not have any religion. I believe when I die I am going six feet under the ground like everyone else. I do believe in higher power though, just not a God. There is no way. If God existed, why do people want to kill themselves? Why do people suffer? Why?
    I hate God.

2. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

There's no clear reason why there's suffering in the world and you have a valid statement "I hate God". I believe in God because I'm a Christian however I'm not the kind to judge anyone because you and everyone else has the right to choose to believe in. No one can force you to believe in anything that you don't want to. I wish there wasn't suffering in the world but there seems to be no end to it...

Trevor,

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't judge people for what they believe in either. As long as they don't force opinions on me, they can feel free to believe whatever they want. I'm sort of an agnostic and I'm not sure what happens after we die. People want to kill themselves because of difficulties and problems they are facing, not exactly the existence or non-existence of an entity. I wish I knew why people suffer, especially some more than others, but there are ways to get through it all.

4. Tmacster1

Death is an unknown thing because no one has ever experienced death fully and come back. Sure there's been some shows on the Bio Channel that show people who've came from death back to the light. Most of them said they were at peace. Which is a good thing I guess. I'm not here to force anyone's throat with the gospel because that's not my way. Suffering is an age old question... Why do we have it? Well, I'm not so sure why we do have it... It just sucks that people have to suffer.

Trevor,

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I always wondered what the near death experiences were like, but I wouldn't want to have one since I'd need to be near death. I guess I will find out when my time comes.

6. RossInZona

RossInZona Active Member

I agree. If there is a "God," then it's probably nothing like anything any religionist can ever conceive of. I'm agnostic myself, but if there is a God, then the bigger problem comes in when religious people presume to act as spokesmen for "God" when they have no business doing so.

When people say "God loves you" or "God has a plan for you," they create false expectations in people's minds. When these expectations fail to materialize positively, it's natural for people to wonder, "What gives? Does God love us or not? Does He have a plan for us or not?"

Maybe there is a God, but perhaps He doesn't love us. That's possible. Maybe there was a God, but perhaps He ceased to exist at some point (or moved on to bigger and better things), leaving the Earth and our solar system on automatic. Perhaps He's having fun on the other side of the galaxy, neither knowing nor caring about what we're doing here.

Maybe God is evil. Maybe God is some cosmic equivalent of a "mad scientist," and this is some experiment which has gone out of control. Perhaps God is some powerful alien with some nefarious purpose.

Maybe "Satan" is our true benefactor and creator, while "Yahweh"/"Jehovah"/"Allah" might be some usurper and imposter. Maybe Hell is really Heaven and Heaven is really Hell. If the New Testament is anything to go by, "You will know them by their fruits." When evil people get all the rewards, wealth, and power, while good people are victimized, then fruits of "God" don't really look edible to me. Something is seriously amiss.

7. Tmacster1

I think you have valid points RossInZona sometimes I think it's a bad idea being a spokesperson. Sometimes I believe it's not my business to interfere which could be a good or bad thing in whatever perspective you look at it. Satan to my knowledge from what I've learned is the King of the Earth meaning this is his playground and he has free reign on it. Knowing people by your fruits is somewhat interesting even though it just means their actions. Christians like me can't see and read through their minds so there's really no way we can really know them... Sadly most Christians today are judgmental and are hypocrites... -sigh

Trevor,

8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

If recollection serves as accurate, God and Satan, good and evil, suffering and pleasure, creation and destruction are all the same entity. But then I shrugged.

9. Tmacster1

That's well put to... There's always going to be good and evil. Which we can relate to God and Satan. Always a polar opposite like light and darkness. I guess it's how we perceive in the end.

Trevor,

10. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

If there is a god, he has a sick sense of humor

11. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Meh.. god is an ideology that we feed in the hopes it'll "feed" our "souls" or harmony imo, in some sense. I gave up on that simply because of the temptation to blame god or an ideology for my problems. Looking for grand designs that affect or include me and my life kinda distorts the reality of the situation infront of you when your are constantly pulled to a belief that "makes sense". Suppose it helps give people that moment to rest and let go, but that's submitting your life to an ideology. Imo. Fuck god, it does what it does, so it has no apparent baring in my life, so I disassociate it. The massive chaotic messages and perceptions in belief and religion are.. Meh, not my way. Too much vampiric leechy bollocks and definitions when people aren't being what they "should" be. I don't let my questions or life flow through "god" simply for the lack of crap involved, it doesn't make sense unless a god wants us to figure our own shit out(whatever way that is, and however we choose to do it).
    Too each his own though :) Being not in control of my own life makes no sense to me unless im striving to gain complete control over it so I can experience it for what it is. And tbh gods not shown his mark, everything about "it" can be contrasted to something more logical, except when youre dealing with people and their chaotic feelings/thoughts and actions. Suffering isn't caused by god, it's caused by aspects of life, human and other parts of nature. God for some inspires them to spread a positive influence.. at a cost sometimes but meh.
    If you believe in god and are mad at it because of the suffering in the world, perhaps embracing that freedom to suffer and remember that theres a freedom to live through it and connect with other parts of life. If god dealt with all the suffering,... could you imagine that life?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  12. RossInZona

RossInZona Active Member

If there is a "God," then I may or may not blame him for the actual "suffering," per se, depending on where it originates.

However, religions impose restrictive laws and rules on its adherents, having the effect of tying people's hands and not allowing them to take action which might relieve some of the suffering. When God says "turn the other cheek" and "love thine enemies," that's total BS. It makes people helpless, weak, and dependent, and that's the real problem with "God."

We don't necessarily have to ask God to deal with all the suffering, but at the very least, God could remove the handcuffs and allow us the freedom to do whatever we will to relieve the suffering.

If God isn't going to actively enforce His own laws and commandments on Earth, then why should anyone follow them?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  13. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

The Bible has been around over two thousand years i have gone to a many of revivles and youth confirences and some of what i see at these things superseads the natural so yes i believe in god. When bad things happy pepole always wanna blame got but do they forget the Devil is there as well? I laugh to myself when pepole come up with these lame excuses of why god can't or doesn't exists.

14. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

If God is real then i don't like him/her or it, because apperently he/she or it doesn't allow gays into heaven, i'm only speculating, i've never read the bible or have any intention to.
    however, people say that god made man in his own imagine, yet it's been proven that every man has a prostate gland in his 'you know what area' which when stimulated causes pleasure, so what does that tell us about god?

15. charlie_ga

charlie_ga New Member

I do beleave in GOD
    Miracles HAPPEN everyday, look at this site how many people have put down the gun here? GOD is faith

16. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

If the Devil exists, and God is omnipotent, then it logically follows God allows the Devil to exist. Therefore, the blame still rests solely on God.

Some people on this forum commit suicide, and others do not. Not really a very impressive or convincing miracle going on there.

17. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

i believe there is a god (no specific religion)... and maybe he's playing with our lives or challenging us. Whenever a friend of mine preaches me about all this holy stuff i used to think "shut the f*** up, you have it easy, you're gods favorite thats why you could say those things" but now i just let it go. Anyway what im trying to say is, people gets hurt, some harm themselves but I don't think its god's fault. We have free will after all and we get hurt not because of god but because there are a lot of bastards who like kicking people until they're down. And those bastards has free will too, god can't talk to them so i dont think we should blame him for whats happening to us

18. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I'm an agnostic atheist - if there is a God, he'd probably be way beyond our ability to comprehend. Even the religious believers who claim to know he exists often disagree on his nature, what he wants of us, etc. He's always proclaimed to be a mystery, which leads me to wonder why we bother believing in him to begin with.

19. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

If you believe in a higher power would you not ask the same of it?

I know God exists....he finds you.

20. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I love that you said God is an idealogy.

I like to believe in God, but I don't believe in the Bible. I believe religion is what you make of it.

I take great issue with religious people who use the Bible to defend the things they do. Like people who say homosexuality is a sin "because the Bible says so." Can't these people think for themselves? Can't they make up their own minds?

What it comes down to for me is....the Bible is a book that was written by a bunch of people hundreds and hundreds of years ago during a time when society was very different. It was essentially a book to get people to follow a set of rules. Things have changed and people need to evolve with the times.

So, really, it's how each person approaches religion and the idea of God. It should be a good thing but it's not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.