Goddamnit!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LilDarling, Apr 21, 2008.

1. LilDarling

LilDarling Member

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED I COULD CRY. I'M SORRY, BUT I AM NOT FUCKING OKAY WITH THIS.

Yes, I may be swearing too much or writing in caps too much, but I'm SO FUCKING MAD THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!! And it may not seem like a big deal, but it is.

Okay, so my best friend goes to group therapy with me. That's where we met. Anyway, he's gay. So, this week, there's a new kid in group named Aaron... he was actually there last week, but my best friend Angelo wasn't.

So we have about a ten minute break where we go to the lobby, and Angelo and I are hanging around, and we just happen to sit next to Aaron. Aaron is on the side, Angelo is next to Aaron, and I'm next to Angelo... Aaron says, "Don't even sit next to me. I don't like faggots." right to Angelo's face.

So I fucking catch fire, but don't display that because I have to take care of Angelo, who starts, "OH, WHAT? YOU KNOW WHAT --" screaming at Aaron, rightfully, but the receptionist is right there and that kind of behavior will likely get Angelo hospitalized again. So I drag Angelo out of the therapy room...

Anyway, he's sooo upset, and so am I, so I just hug him for a long time. While I'm hugging him, another girl in our group, Merrielena, comes out and says she heard what happened, and agreed that it was fucked up. So I let Angelo go, and he and I and Merrielena go outside for a little while to cool off.

When we come back up, Aaron is telling his parents what happened -- AND HIS PARENTS ARE FUCKING COMFORTING HIM.

Angelo wants to go outside again, but the fucking therapist is complaining about how he and I (Merrielena went back into group) are making the session start late. Angelo goes outside, but my mom basically makes it so I can't get outside... and after five mintues, when he doesn't come into group, I can't stand it so I have to go home. On the way out, Angelo is outside, and I hug him and tell him to call me as soon as he gets home.

He says okay, and I leave.

I KNOW THAT MIGHT NOT SEEM LIKE A BIG DEAL, but it's very upsetting.

OMG. I'm sorry, I had to get that story off my chest.

2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's shitty. Calling a gay person a '******' is basically the same thing as calling a black person a '******'.

Maybe you can find out something about Aaron, and say something like that to him. I dunno, maybe saying the same things back isn't the best idea. I don't really know what else to say. I know what it's like to deal with the same thing, I've been in that same (almost same) position myself a few times. It just plain sucks.

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

It's hard to comfort someone when another person has been really mean to them. Just keep reasurring your friend of your friendship and try to get him not to react so strongly to such unkindness. That makes your friend look bad even tho he was the one insulted. Just ignoring such idiots is the best thing to do.