God's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multiple Man

"Is it possible that a man or woman, "slowly being devoured by darkness and misery,"
whose days and nights are filled with torture, who is
useless to themselves and a burden to others, is carrying out the will
of God? Does God enjoy their agony? Is God thrilled by the music of
his or her moans? Does God delight in the melody of their shrieks?

This frightful doctrine makes God an infinite monster, and
every human being a slave, a victim. This doctrine is not only
infamous but it is idiotic. It makes God the only criminal in the
universe."

- Robert G. Ingersoll

justMe7

Perhaps.. for me it depends on the limitations I have to exist in. And that I exist, and can grow.
Aint seen anything puppeting me. If there is, it's a coward, or it's testing me. Either way i dont give a toss. There's only me, so I make a choice to make the best of what I am and what I have. So maybe I can feel those moments of happiness that exist longer than 5 seconds :) And be a little proud in who I am. Until then.. I try to accept responsibility for the mess that is my own life, and turn it around.

afterlifepig

well i like God, he's been good 2 me. i do believe in higher powers.

there are some things that make me wonder tho, atrocities like genocide and so on ... i'm not sure of how to make sense of it all

AAA3330

I used to be a firm believer in God and that he took care of me, but now that I'm suffering mentally, he is nowhere to be found. God is the only one that I can blame for my mental suffering, but I don't even believe that he exists anymore.

afterlifepig

i like the link Aquarius posted but it still doesn't answer the question of atrocities or horrible things - the holocaust, cambodian genocide, children starving in Africa, and so on

i believe in Fate, and an afterlife ... so i don't think death by itself is a horrible thing. i have had the thought that God, as a thought form, could have evolved as we did out of our memories and consciousness

so God is now real but wasn't always? that's probably wrong but i thought i'd share the idea anyway

You may also be interested in the following:

Part A – Healing Prayer For Disaster Victims
Part B – The True Cause Of All Disasters
Part C – All Things Are Possible
Part D – The Power Of Prayer
Part E – You Only See One Side Of The Picture
Part F – Mercy
Part G – Reflections On Hope
Part H – Bridges Between Heaven And Earth

Please allow a moment for the file to load.

With love – Aquarius

Luie

Karma doesn't explain why God allows bad thing to happen to good people. It goes in hand with the question "Why does God allow bad people to exist?" He knows whether we're going to hell or not before the moment we're born. Why not just create a world full of people who are going to heaven in the end? He has the capability to do that, he's a God. If ultimately he decides who goes to hell, it's nobody's fault they're going to hell. If anything, it's his, because he'd rather create someone who he knows is going to suffer than not create them at all. The same applies to atrocities and disasters, both man-made and not. God could totally have a perfect world, but he chose not to. So he is responsible for whatever happens to it, not the things he created.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Which god? If youre relying on a surveillance system in the sky whose thought process is as limited as mankind's, and is probably a man him or herself, then of course you will be disappointed every time.

But without knocking anyone's personal beliefs :tape:, the grand scheme of things in this multiverse isnt about concepts of good or bad the way we see it. We're only human, everything does not revolve around us and what we think should or shouldnt be. Things just occur. They happen the way theyre meant to. I suppose the good you can take from that is that things happen in such a way for all things to be in balance. Tornadoes happen because theyre nature's way of blowing off steam to transition the weather and seasons. We cant exist without weather. Its not something bad nor good, its just how nature works to keep life in balance. The earth will be engulfed or burnt to a barren rock eventually and no living organism on it will survive. Thats not good nor bad, much less a disaster; its just the sun changing its life stage. Not everything is about you (plural) and your life's existence. Only you are responsible for that, nothing else.

Nothing in the multiverse stays the same or is stationary; every thing changes. Other things are destroyed as part of these changes, but are also created from them. It's all just changes in energy which always exists and is always changing.

Is there a will? Why does there need to be will to the scheme of the multiverse? So it can make sense to you? Keep in mind that everything doesnt revolve around human life and what we think we need and are.

Youve gotta take the bee stings with the bees and youve gotta take the skin cancer with the sun. They, too, are living things, and also accommodate you to be able to survive on another living thing, Earth. Just because someday an absence or excess of either or both, bees or the sun, will lead to your death doesnt make them bad - not any more than ant colonies flooding when it rains, to keep the soil arable, is "bad".

There has to be a respect for balance and that not everything is about only us and our survival, and respect that other things have a life, too. Sometimes that means that yours has to end, like the several extinctions before us and other current living things on this earth. And elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Multiple Man

My problem is the fact that I exist in the first place. God or no God. Wasn't my choice to exist. But I can't complain, because I can leave whenever I choose. It is insidious to have it branded into the back of your mind that if you do leave, you will be subjected to eternal damnation. Oh and also family you leave behind and other people calling you selfish. I was a mistake.

I believe that it WAS your choice to come into being in this particular lifetime and exactly at the place and the conditions in which you find yourself. You yourself chose all this a long time ago in the world of light, our true home, when you were resting and recovering from your previous lifetime, waiting for another one to be allocated to you, so that you could learn and grow some more in wisdom and understanding.

With love - Aquarius

* * *​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00