going away tomorrow

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lilella44, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

tomorrow morning at eleven i'm being admitted to a private psychiatric hospital. am i scared or nervous? nope. relieved i am. its taken two and a half years to get this far, two and a half years of counsellor after counsellor, cut after cut, many overdoses of pills, and thousands of tears cried. i'll be in there for two weeks max. i think. no, i dont expect a miracle cure or for it all to happen as soon as im in there. it really pisses me off how my mum and dad keep saying that. do they think im stupid? it annoys me even more how mum always says she understands how i feel and think and why i cut, when really she doesnt. i get to have a break from my so called life and try to pull my mind together. i guess the zoloft has made me numb. i'm so tired. i'm ready to rid myself of this black dog and finally get my life back. after all, i've thrown away all my teenage years so far - i'd like my last three to be relatively normal without all this shit in it. depression is a bitch.:mad:
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi lilella,
    good luck in your time away. if nothing else, i hope it gives you a two week break from those intense feelings. for me, i find it exhausting to have to fight so hard to stay alive. SF will be here if you need us when you get out. take care, c.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

The hospital isn't that bad. It's what you make of it. If anything you should feel safe because while you are in there you can't harm yourself. You have to contribute in the groups to get anything out of it.
    Nothing says you have to say anything , if you feel more comfortable sitting back and listening to the others, well that is o.k. also. Just keep an open mind and you should learn things from the others.
    I wish you good luck and hope that your stay in the hospital will help you.:chopper:
  4. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

my parents are the same way, and they want to send me to a hospital
    for a couple of days, but i keep telling them not to.
    im 15..do you think that going to a hospital would be worth it?

feel free to PM me about it, or post on the forum..i dont care.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think that is a question for yourself. Do you think it will help? Are you willing to participate? The only thing I can suggest is try not to get attached to someone else in there. My first couple of years I would make friends in there. Then after Myself and the others got out of the hospital they just diappeared.
    They were in there own worlds. Don't mistake this for weakness and dispere.
    I learned real quick to participate but don't go in there with expectation. If you are really down you need to get your behind to the hospital and be honest with them.
    I hope you find the awnsers you are looking for. Give it a go. Nothing else you can get more suggestions from the staff as to self help places you can go to and share with others, so you don't let the depression get the best of you. Good Luck to you,Strainger1:chopper:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.