Going crazy...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by wonderer, Sep 2, 2010.

1. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

I hate to whine to you guys, but I don't know where to go with this.

I've been dating a marvelous guy for about 6 months now. Before that we were really close friends for several years. Overall, its been good.
    BUT... his mom hates me because of religious differences... Twice this summer he told me it wasn't worth the effort to see me because of that (he was living home)... He's not an emotional person, like at all. He's always been good to me, but it concerns me. We've talked and I've told him I'm not even sure he really wants to see me, and his response was just that if he didn't want to see me, he wouldn't be spending time with me. But to me that just says I'm not UNwanted, but doesn't mean I'm wanted.

I don't know what to do with this situation. He's a fantastic person and a great boyfriend aside from this, he's always looking out for me. I don't really think its worth breaking up, but... I need to feel wanted, and if I don't there's no long term potential.

I'm debating just taking some space, not asking him to hang out for a while, and see what happens. Would this be petty?
  2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

What is giving eachother space going to accomplish? To make his heart grow fonder? He isn't meeting your emotional needs, and you said yourself that there is no long term potential due to that. Talk to him if need be, but if that is ingrained into his personality there's nothing you can do.
  3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

hmm...I would hope that my children meet someone of the same faith, but that is because life would be easier for them. It is truly in Yahweh's will on who they end up with. I dunno why she hates you for you faith, but you can show her she is wrong about you and forgive her,and be nice to her no matter what. Blessings..