1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going Down

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by brokengirl86, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokengirl86

brokengirl86 Active Member

I am in trouble. I spent the night crying and making plans to end my pain. I am so sad. I cannot find much hope these days. I feel more lost every second. Why can't I just be happy. I just want my life back.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you are going through this

Maybe you can have your life back, or at least get to a place where it feels worth living.

In previous posts you mentioned the end of a relationship, drug addiction, and some problems after a previous suicide attempt.

Do you want to say what problems the previous attempt caused?

Do you mostly want to talk about what's going on, or do you want some ideas about how to try to get better?

DowntheRabbitHole likes this.
  3. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

I agree with May71. Tell us how we can help.

Right now though I hope you find the strength to get help. Call emergency services if you need. There are people who will hear your pain and find ways to help you heal.

may71 and DowntheRabbitHole like this.
  4. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Hi there, broken. I'm not sure if you're gonna come back and read messages or not. Let us know if you come back so we can talk, ok? :) We're all here for you when you return.

5. brokengirl86

The previous attempts have caused me to lose my job, my creditability, my security with my daughter, caused pain and permanent damage to my neck and leg, and it has made me have to face my entire life and it's worth and has left me feeling so low for letting my life go to shit, for not even realizing my choices, my actions, and emotions were out of control and affecting not only my life negatively but everyone else's lives around me as well. It made me have to realize that I was living in a self-inflicted hell due to my choices and my inability to deal with my flaws. It has left me broken worse then I was before I attempted to kill myself.

6. brokengirl86

I would like some ideas on how to get better if you don't mind sharing your ideas or what has worked for you and what hasn't helped. I would appreciate it because nothing I have tried has helped and I feel like I am just stuck in this place with no hope of escape, no hope of a normal life, no hope of ever getting the chance to make up for my mistakes and making something out of my life to be proud of.

7. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Take ownership of the present. Give yourself the gift of hope. What can you do to make you proud of you? Create a long term plan and then break it down into achievable goals. If you still find yourself struggling, break them down further. Ask for help if you need another perspective to accomplish this.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

''When you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you'' :) A nice quote I read here a few days ago :)

There are just so many, there's the normal route of seeing a psychiatrist and getting into treatment for your depression etc.. A proper formal diagnosis will help you get treated better. Some have found keeping their mind occupied at all times helps, hypnotherapy (i know someone who has had success with that one), chinese medicine, but what helped me the most was therapy and leaving the past exactly where it belongs, in the past and I don't hold expectation, as they say expect nothing and you will be pleasantly surprised. Anti depressants/ anti anxiety and anti psychotic medicine have all helped me. May I ask what you have tried already and what do you want to treat the most, what takes priority?

Good luck.

9. brokengirl86

It's to complicated to explain. I guess I have already come to an answer or a truth rather and now all that is left is to not let fear stop me and just see it through.

10. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

If you are in the US or Canada, you could try calling 211 or visiting 211.org. They can help with employment, housing, healthcare, food and other services.

You may be eligible for vocational services for people with disabilities. 211 may be able to help you connect to services

You might want to try acupuncture if you are having neck or leg pain. It can also help to overcome addictions.

Acupuncture has been endorsed by the World Health Organization for treating a variety of conditions. Pain is one of the things that acupuncture treats best.

Acupuncture can sometimes be expensive, but there are some affordable options. POCAcoop.com has a list of community acupuncture clinics, mostly in the US. You could also search for "community acupuncture clinics in [your area]".

Teaching clinics are another affordable option. You can find teaching clinics by searching for "acupuncture schools in [your area]", and then looking for a teaching clinic link on a school's homepage.

Usually you can get treatments at community clinics or teaching clinics for about $20. Sometimes teaching clinics will offer services for free.

A lot of people survive suicide attempts with serious injuries. It's easy to think or say that you should have done things differently in the past, but you were dealing with something that was overwhelming to you. While in hindsight you could say that you should have not made the attempt, you were only doing the best you could under the circumstances. Please be gentle with yourself.

Your attempt is in the past. It's not something you can change. You may be able to change how your life goes in the future, and for the better though.

Life has put an unfair and unreasonable burden on you. Making the best that you can out of life in the circumstances you are under is something to be proud of.

You have a daughter. If all you ever do in life is find a measure of peace and contentment, and be a good mother to your daughter, you will have done something extraordinary and heroic.

11. Paul1234

Paul1234 Well-Known Member

Prayer helps me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.