going down

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Michael, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael New Member

I am Michael. I used to be normal. Or at least normal seeming. But then this schizo-affective bipolar thing happened...So i crawled into a shell to protect myself since everything is so overwhelming. I thought i was protected..wife, 2 children...though not working, i did get into a big law school, but the mental stuff made sure i couldn't go through with it..That was 2005. Now my wife says my mental disorder has worn her down. That i am a different person. And my mom just kicked me to the curb today in phone call. Not that she has ever come through when she was needed, but it hurt, and it hurt to be told the things she said... So mom doesn't want me. Wife wants to leave.

I really don't see a future.

I may call my doctor in the next 24hrs or so, maybe...though i would prefer to just not be around to make a call at all.

people make michael a sad panda every time.

Oh, and Hi, have a smile? :sparkle: :i'm sorry:
  2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

dont be sorry Micheal.

its nice to meet you. :welcome: to sf. keep posting ok.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the fourm. I'm glad you found us.

I hope you can find whatever you need from us here. Do you currently have any support for your mental health problems?
  4. Michael

Michael New Member

I see a psychiatrist at behavioral health center, as well as a counselor/psychologist, who i see tomorrow evening.

For medication I take a triple cocktail of: 12mg invega, Depakote, Zoloft, and sometimes Ativan for when i have to travel, which i break into quarters because no matter the dosage it knocks me out. My shrink also dislikes my using ativan because of its addictive nature/qualities.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Michael. I am glad you found us. :shake:
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Michael...welcome and I hope you call your doctor...you are going through a rough time and deserve help...please continue to let us know how you are doing...welcom again, J
  7. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum Michael.

I hope you find the support you are looking for here.
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey Micheal hang in there okay i understand it is hard you have same diagnosis as my daughter and it is hard to see her struggle to. I think your mom is just tired she will come back around Call your doctor okay see what can be done to help stabilize you more Don't give up take care Hey welcome to SF
  9. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. I'm afraid that I don't understand what you're going through, but there are people here who do.

My dad has mild bi-polar, though I haven't lived with him for years (I've only just found out about this a week ago too). I've only read some articles about it, so I don't have a good grasp on the concept.

Try to hang on, it's worth getting help.

South Park fan, I take it?
  10. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

hmmm I ask one question....what is normal. I dont think there ever is an answer to that. So what is normal for you.
  11. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Hi Michael. I too get that......people think I "seem" and look normal. I just got out of the psychiatric hospital and someone said "you look normal...what kind of problems could you have?" I work in healthcare and was doing the "normal" life and living the other half by nite.

Was yours situational or do you see a progressive pattern from years ago?

Welcome by the way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.