Going in to hospital

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by hope23, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hope23

hope23 Active Member

Hi,

just wanted to get this off my chest. I'm being admitted to the psych ward tomorrow morning. I can't say I'm happy about it, it feels like I've been pushed into it. First the student welfare officer at college suggested it, I had to see the main college psychologist yesterday and she pushed it and I had an appointment with the psychiatrist this morning who basically said she'd admit me involuntarily if I didn't agree to it. What made me mad though was that the college had contacted her before my appointment without my permission and told her that they'd inform my parents without my permission if I didn't agree to inpatient treatment. Out of order if you ask me.

Oh well, I've agreed to it now so let's hope it actually achieves something.

Katie

2. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hey i wanted to say thanks for sharing with us and i hope the hospital goes ok for you.i think you have been brave in agreeing.Please let us know how you are when you can.i guess maybe people wanted to try and keep you safe but im sorry they threatened to break your confidentiality as i know too how much that can hurt.

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I hope it will help you Katie. :hug:

4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Good luck with it, hun. :hug:

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wish things would have been handled differently for your peace of mind, but maybe it was for the best. I hope you are able to get the help you need so you can move forward. :hug:

6. hope23

hope23 Active Member

Thanks for your kind replies.

I think getting angry was a way for me to stay in denial for a little bit longer. Although it does make me laugh that they bother making the distinction between voluntary and involuntary admissions when they're just going to admit you anyway, in the end you don't have a choice at all.

I can't sleep, probably because I haven't packed - I'm usually kinda organised but I spent yesterday evening in a complete daze. I kept finding myself just staring into space and even when I realised what I was doing I couldn't stop it.

Two of my sisters know but that's all so far. It would probably be possible to keep it at that but maybe that's not such a good idea. It might be nice if the rest of my family actually realised how low I've been (it's a big family). Every time I imagine mum's reaction it comes out as anger though. I really don't think I could deal with that, not at the moment.

Thanks again and I'll try to let you know how it's going fairly soon.

Katie

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hoping that you get some relief and know we will be here whenever you can get online...PM me if I can help in any way...all the best, j

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.