going out as a woman

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by fromthatshow, Oct 8, 2008.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've been thinking about going out into the world as a woman. It feels so much more that it is me. I might give it a try. I know I wouldn't lose any friends. I'm not sure how my work would react. How my parents would react. How the world and people around me would react.
    I told my therapist and she said I should wait until we've worked through some of my issues, and make sure this desire was not just because of the childhood issues I'm dealing with. But I don't know, it feels like I've always felt more like a woman.
    I know my friend Katie would be supportive and totally make me over and help me look realistic.
    Don't know. I will be thinking about it.

2. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

*hug spencerr

i'd be behind you 100%

:D

3. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Id be 100% behind u too hun. I dont see why it should be so much of a problem you see women everyday wearing mens clothes and nothing is said so why should it be any different for men?? Society is screwed! You Go Guy :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It sounds fun, really. :)

But maybe you should defer to your therapist's judgement.

5. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

spencer u are alovely sweet genuine person , ill think so whether u are male or female , reach or happiness hunni and ifthat means u venture out as a woman hun u do it , :hug:

love Jo xx

6. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Holla at your boy. Man, if this is you then be you.

7. danni

danni Chat Buddy

whatever you choose I'll be supporting you through the whole way :hug:

8. black dove

black dove Well-Known Member

we're all here to support whatever you choose mate. but i also agree with the person above that maybe you should just wait for a little bit and decide with your therapist when could be an appropriate time. best of luck.

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've got the perfect idea Spencer. Halloween is coming up at the end of the month. How about as your costume, you dress up like a woman and see how you like it. That way, no one will suspect a thing. :biggrin: Sometimes, I feel that in my previous life, I was female, since I have some 'girly' attributes. I'm quite comfortable being a guy though. :-o

10. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

^
    well, that just seems a little insensitive.

I just wanted to say good luck whatever you decide. Some people spend their whole lives deciding who they are, but if you know in your heart then go for it. Dont live your life by what other people may think :smile:

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

thanks guys :)

and Dave that sounds like a good idea :laugh:

12. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

The halloween idea does sound like a good idea :laugh:

And yeah, if you feel this is you then go for it! If anyone has a problem with it, they aren't worth worrying about :hug:

Good luck!

13. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Just don't have a "sex change" operation in the future. Those operations cannot turn you into a woman (or vice versa); they turn you into a mutilated man. I'm sorry if anyone here has had one of these operations and is reading this, but it is true.

14. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Don't ya think that's jumping the gun a bit? :laugh: there was no mention of operations...though in any case the decision to have an operation like that is totally up to the person, it can change your mindset completely, even if many don't regard it as a biological transformation.

15. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I just had to say it because I find it so tragic when some think they can change their gender with those... they just fool themselves and end up with a permanently mutilated body.

16. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree with Hae Gi. If you're born with a vagina then keep it. If you're born with a penis, then keep that.