Going raw

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Aerial, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerial

Aerial Well-Known Member

Is it possible to go through life without an addiction of any kind? How do you think you'd deal with your life if you had to confront raw emotions directly without any way to evade them?

I think about this frequently and I wonder if trying to go raw would make me tougher. Maybe at first I'd be gasping for air, feeling like life is choking me more than ever, but what if I came out stronger over time? I mean it's something I never tried before, so the results have to be different right? A different way to live? To survive? To cope?

I'm just trying to find new ways to approach my life. Maybe that's what I haven't done enough of. I don't know. Anyone else feel this way?

2. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I know one thing for sure, I coudn't give up cigarettes, tried once, many years ago, and it didn't work. Also, it makes me fear all the pills, I take AD because I have to, sleeping pill too, but I try to keep it down as much as possible.

3. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

Going "raw" WILL make you tougher. A lot tougher. But do you really want to be a really tough person? There is a downside as well as an upside to it.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think we always have an addiction of some kind. Addiction free... I think one might find enlightenment. Physical addictions aside, there can still be addictions to emotional/mental suffering. We can become comfortable there and then addicted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.