Going through a bad patch.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by carebear32, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's wrong with me. All I can think about today is wanting to die. And yes, I have taken my medication this morning.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I usually only find out what triggered me when I'm recovering. Hugs

3. carebear32

Oh I know what's triggering me, I just don't know how to stop it. My mother wants me to make an appointment with my psychiatrist (she doesn't know I'm feeling suicidal, she just wants me to get a new script) problem is if I see the psychiatrist he will put me in the hospital.

4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Sometimes if you tell them you're having problems they will change the medication so you feel better and the suicidal feelings will go away. I think it might be a good idea. They won't put you in the hospital until they are worried so you can see if the psychiatrist is worried. And if they do it is to keep you safe.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sorry you are having such a rough time hun but do speak to you pdoc ok get help you need hun to keep safe hugs

6. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

They don't always put you in the hospital, carebear32. They will look and see what is triggering it, and if medication is the cause, or if a higher or lower dosage is needed. Psychiatrist's know people have suicidal idealizations, too. They can help their patients in other ways other then sending them to the hospital.

7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

dont worry they won put you in the hospital unless you specify u are going to hurt yourself and they would have to put you for a few days and remember if they ever offer please yes if they offer and you say no they can section you and you can be forced.

8. carebear32

I've got an appointment with my psychiatrist on Monday morning. All I got to do now is try to get through the rest of this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.