Going through a rough time, seeing no way out.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Adita, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adita

Adita New Member

I am going through a bad finical situation. My dad has been unemployed for a year and a half, and we recently learned that he would be getting cut off his unemployment in 2 weeks, which is a lot sooner then expected. Sometimes my dad doesn't seem mentally stable to me, so I feel like a lot of the reason he has not gotten a job is because of insecurities, and mental instability. My mother, who is disabled, and fighting for disability, is unable to get a job at this time, but does online work to make small amount of cash. She says that my dad really just wanted a break, but when he needed to get a job he would work like hell to get one. I have doubts about that, and fears about the horrible economy.

What it boils down to is that even though, in the long run, things will most likely work out, and we do have people who will help and who we can stay with if we needed, I have a fear that the absolute worse is going to happen. I've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and have a hard time not thinking the worse will happen in any situation. I have a job myself, but I am in constant fear of loosing it, even though I am considered an above average employee. I have a hard time trying to think positive ever.

To top it off, I have barely any friends, and the ones I do have, don't listen to me. I spend a lot of time trying to help them through their problems, especially one person in particular, and feel that when I ever try to talk about mine, they either don't take it seriously, or they don't make any effort to comfort me. They constantly bring up their issues to me, expecting me to call them up to talk about it, or cheer them up over it, but they never make any effort towards helping me.

So pretty much, it's been rough lately. I've never seriously considered suicide until recently. So any advice or people who have had similar situations would be much appreciated
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Not knowing what country you are in makes it difficult to reassure or give financial assistance advice, but in the U.S. your family should be able to get assistance once the unemployment runs out. Has your dad been looking for work? I hear a lot about unemployment figures and yet my oldest son, who manages a business, is working 70+ hour weeks because they can't seem to hire any employees. Every time someone goes through the hiring process, they fail the drug test. They're not great jobs, but a job is a job when there is nothing else. Your mom should be able to get some assistance due to her disabilities and should have been covered by that already. There are organizations that will assist with that for no fee.

It sounds like your job is fairly secure, though of course you never know with things such as sell out's and downsizes. Just work really hard and be that employee that they'd want to release last. Before going into business for myself, I was with a company of over 1200 employees and as it slowly "went under," I ended up one of the three remaining employees as we closed the doors. Just shine and you should be okay.

Friends who only take and don't return are not very good friends. It is better to have one or two true friends rather than 10 who are not. Just keep looking for the right one(s). Those friends who aren't that good, well they may still be fun to hang out with... but don't expect or rely on them.

Suicide is never a solution. How can an END be a solution to anything? There is always other things to try. Even an animal caught in a trap will continue to fight for it's life against all odds. Be a fighter. Life can be long and there will be a lot of down times, even for the best of people. There is always up days too though.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Anxiety can be a difficult thing and always fearing for the worst is a difficult situation. You sound as though you are able tologically think through things and that will helpfully make it so you can get through it all. Easier said than done but try not to worry about things you have no control over and expend your energies on those you do (like your friends - if they can not support you then you should not feel obligated to support them).

I hope for the best for you and that things will look up soon. Please take care and be safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.