Going to ask a girl from work out tomorrow

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by just_some_guy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

I've been told by coworkers that she's single and looking. She doesn't usually work from my office, but she's going to be here this week, so I'm going to take advantage of this rare opportunity. If she agrees to a date, it will be my first date in 10 months. I am excited!

So wish me luck! :)

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Good luck! I hope this goes well for you and her!!

3. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

good luck :)

Grats on having the courage to make your move.

4. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

Scheduling has been tricky, but the date is on - two weeks from now!

I need this to work! I took in a roommate last year just to keep from being completely alone, but I still feel like I've been emotionally and socially isolated for well over a year now.

Ima.robot likes this.
  5. ThePhantomLady

Yay that is so good to hear!! Good on you for making that move!

6. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Yay. I'm happy for you. :)

7. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

That's great ! No matter what, you TRIED. That took guts and you DID it. Always be yourself. Things will work out.

just_some_guy likes this.
  8. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

Dinner happened! It felt more like a business dinner between colleagues than a date, but at least it happened.

9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I enjoyed reading this thread! Lots of hope and excitement and overall good vibes! Good for you making that dinner date happen! :)

AdamTide likes this.
  10. ThePhantomLady

Good job going through getting that date settled and going through with it! :)

11. AdamTide

Great man ! It happened because of YOU. It shows what happens when you or anyone takes the initiative. Nothing changes if nothing changes. And you caused something GOOD for yourself. You are going to have great things ahead for you. Keep on doing positive things with your life. :)

12. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

We were supposed to go see a movie this week, but she kept having to work late. Instead, we had lunch together earlier this week, but it still feels more like a business meal (aka entertaining the customer) than a date. It's lacking the context for a date. I get the feeling she's either too busy for a relationship, or she just isn't interested.

13. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

Don't push too hard with it. But try a couple of more times. She might of been super busy, the past week, and or super shy romantically, last relationship didn't go well. etc. Tell her your still interested in seeing a movie and see what she says :- )

AdamTide likes this.
  14. AdamTide

My advice would be to be completely open with her about your feelings and about you liking her. Make sure she knows how interested you are.

15. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

I agree. She will be back next week, so I will try one more time.

16. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

The main thing is that you tried. I hope it works out, but even if it doesn't, it's a starting point.

17. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

When you like someone, you should always be OK with them not liking you back.
    I am happy that you tried.

18. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

Found out today that travel budgets have been cut. She will not be here next week after all. It would seem this one is a dead end.

19. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

But have learned and gained expereince form this one, and now can use that towards finding the right one. And is another 3.5 billion, so will be a right one so long as you stay willing to try.