Going to be taking a break,

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ThinkingCap, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinkingCap

ThinkingCap Well-Known Member

Figured this would be the best place to post this since I frequent this board the most. Last night I had a pretty terrible run-in with suicidal thoughts and self harm that didn't leave me in a good place so this morning I went in to get therapy started sooner rather than later. As a part of the process of getting better though, I feel like it's in my own best interest to take a break from this site until I can handle the idea of suicide again and be of help to other people. Right now I just can't stay stable while being reminded of all of these things and having them in my head. I didn't want anyone thinking that I had killed myself if they noticed that I had stopped posting for awhile, though I'm not sure anyone would, I would just rather not take the risk of them thinking that way. It doesn't feel right to respond to a thread and never get a response back, or to notice that someone has been inactive for quite some time, the implications are just too intense.

So I hope I've been able to help some of you, and I wish I could do more, but I'm only a human. Sometimes I just gotta take a step back and gather myself, and this is one of those times. However, if you ever pm me I will respond, so don't hesitate if you would like to or feel it would help. I think I have a lot to offer, I've done a lot of research, I've done a lot of thinking on these issues for the 17 years I've been alive. Suicide and depression have been a part of my life since I was born, and every day was spent trying to dissect it as it manifested in my mother, and then later, in myself and my sisters. Hopefully when I get back here, I'll be stable and ready to talk about this again. Best of luck to you all, this kind of life isn't easy, but it's not impossible either. If you're here, looking for help, you've already proven that you want to live. That somewhere in there is a part of you, screaming at you to stay alive. Listen to yourself, and believe in it, because you can make it through this.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you are doing the right thing looking after you and keeping you safe I am
    glad you are getting therapy that was a good move take care okay and when you are feeling better let us know how you are okay
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you to and well done for seeing what you need to get better and going for it...
    thanks also for letting us know where you'll be..so many here just dissappear and we worry about them...
    you take care of yourself....
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Take all the time you need to heal.. We will be here when you come back..
  5. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping so many people on here. We will certainly miss you. Looking forward to seeing you again ad that you feel better.:hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.