Going to counselor

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

How do I tell my counselor I've been abusing pills again? Especiallly the part where I OD on them & never went for medical attention?

I'm kind of sketched that he'll make me go to th hospital. If I don't I know he'll send the cops after me again :\

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to be honest with concillor you will not necessarily be sent to hospital. The only way you are going to get help you need is to tell concillor how hopeless you have been feeling so the medication can be adjusted .
    coucillor will understand they don't judge i hope everything goes well let us know okay

3. PandorasToybox

Thanks Mary :smile:

I know as soon as I tell them, the head hancho will have me put on the hospital as he was already trying to have me admitted last time when I hadn't done anything.

Part of me knows I should be there & the other half is kinda sketched about it. I have no clue what'll happen.

4. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Listen to Mary, she has the best advice.

I know I hate the hospital too...but maybe it will help. The hospital is mostly there to stabilize yourself so you don't make any rash desicions.

Telling your counselor will help. They can maybe change your meds (if you are on them) and maybe just telling someone will help you.

Don't be afraid to pop me a PM.

5. PandorasToybox

Thanks ronnie :biggrin:

I totally agree w/ you about Mary. Definitely my mother figure on here!

I'm very counselor phobic & EXTREMELY hospital phobic. I'm going to make an appointment tuesday & keep my eye on myself, to make sure I don't end up w/ jaundice from the OD

6. yursomedicated

Mary is my mother figure too! I PMed that to her.. hahaha

I am phobic of all that too! Omg..we're like alike.:smile:

Hope the appointment helps.

7. PandorasToybox

I hope it helps too becuz otherwise I'm completely lost

8. yursomedicated

I don't want you lost. :huh:

9. PandorasToybox

Well thankfully the head hancho who's trying to place me behind locked doors at the hospital is on vacation & the one counselor I kinda like seeing is back in town. He's really good. He leaves his phone on 24/7 if I need to get a hold of him. Soooo we'll see :smile:

10. yursomedicated

H e really cares then :)

stick with him, and I can help...maybe? :unsure:

11. PandorasToybox

Just by you listening & responding to my threads/rants is enough :biggrin: :love:

Yeah, it's hard because he got transfered to a different job in the college & he only fills in when another counselor has to go out of town. Sooo I only have him for this month. He doesn't deal w/ mental health ... he usually deals with more academic counselling. I was his first MH case actually lol, & I used to work w/ him when I worked at the college as a Student Ambassador

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.