Going to die today

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jekter, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jekter

Jekter Account Closed

God took everything in my life
    He is a dick and just wants me to suffer

America is a country where liberty is just a statue
  2. Raven

Raven Guest

You can’t put all of your problems onto some supernatural being, you are going to have to be the one to step up and make the changes in your own life. Life can seem very unfair and not all of us are dealt the cards we wished in life. There are many times back when I was christen I would ask God why I was created the way I was. I no longer think that way; I realized the only person that could affect positive changes in my life was myself. There are genetics, chemistry and other factors that go into our makeup that make us a part of who we are, but that is not all a person is, there are hopes, dreams, and the ability to overcome some of the short fallings we have.

I know a lot of people here beside you that feel that life is not worth living without having some form of significant other, I can understand the lonely feeling of part of that. Myself never having dated anyone, never a girlfriend just an affair I got into for all of the wrong reasons. If all you are looking for is sex it will let you down in the end, it is not worth it. However if what you seek is a deeper connection with someone then have some patience, life happens quickly, take some time to find yourself, your hobbies and the things in life you enjoy. From that you will be able to find someone, it may take some time but everyone can find someone if they wish. If it is just for sex you really have a large disappointment ahead of you, it will not be some great life changing event.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You have a genuine concern and a road made more difficult to walk by having Bipolar Disorder. However one study said that 5.7 MILLION Americans have Bipolar disorder - far from being singled out you are in the company of millions facing the same issue, including tens if not hundreds on this forum. Though there is no "cure" there are many treatments to make it more manageable. Working closely with medical and psychiatric professionals will greatly increase the odds of you finding medications to reduce the symptoms and effects that it has on your life. It is not a case of size fits all - you must continue to work with your healthcare team until you find the best possible combination treatments for you when balanced with the side effects of some of the medications. Nobody and nothing has singled you out - you are in the same situation as many many other people and that situation is happily far from hopeless. Blaming anybody or anything else uses up valuable emotional reserves better put to use by coping with the highs and lows associated with your illness. It may be slow process to find the right treatment for yourself - unfortunately sometimes taking a very long time but there is a light at the end of that journey and hope for you - just like the millions of other people with your same condition.

The lack of sex and a girlfriend in your life is also far from uncommon. As born out from reading these forums, sex, significant others, and relationships cause as many or more problems than the lack there of. None of these ensure a happy fulfilling life and lacking them is not an assurance of a miserable life. Attitude about the difficulties in life play a much more important role than the difficulties themselves - and if you CHOOSE to allow that to be an all consuming factor it will become one - but that is a choice you make yourself. You can just as well choose to enjoy the things in your life that you do and if you do not have things that bring you joy then look for something more obtainable - something that you can control , be it hobbies, pastimes , or other general interests.

Take a step back and look for ways to effectively deal with your problems and issues with the attitude that you intend to improve your situation instead of blaming them on some being that if you do believe in you have no power over whatsoever. T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.