Going to do something I have never done before

StillSurviving

I have many goals - to continue my healthy lifestyle and gym going but I now have a new goal - to do something I have never done before...

I have only ever been to one concert of in my adult life and that was taking a friend who was struggling to see someone they liked - i've never been to see anyone I like and in the last three weeks i've had some shock news.#

I have 6 artists in history who I simply love and one of them is coming to my tiny town (population approx 45,000) in April.

No-one I know likes her so I have to go on my own - the issue? Anxiety and crowds.

I went to the arena last week to ask questions - the crowd will be up to 950 people. Tickets are not expensive at £31, that's not a problem. I plan to book mine in the next couple of days. Last Thursday they had only sold 20 of the 950, so plenty left.

Anybody ever been to a concert alone and how did it go?

Dawn

Hi StillSurviving, that is so cool! I have done that before a few times when I moved to a new city and didn't know anyone yet, etc... and I had some really good times. It's actually a great place to meet ppl too, if u are up for that. There is nothing like seeing one of your fave bands live! I know it's really hard with anxiety. Hopefully, u will get lost in the music and have the best time u have had in a long while. I hope so anyway, let us know how it goes

Annette

I've been all over the place alone and I think you will have a great time. I think a concert can be easier than other crowds because you can head bob or move around and it looks like you are into the music. You could always leave if you hate it for some reason. That is a nice gesture that the musician you like is coming to your town.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yep I've been to a concert alone. Not only that I had to travel a hour and a half by train there and back by myself too.

Although to be honest that was very long time ago.

You don't have to be in the middle of a throng of people, you could just stay towards the back and just enjoy the music.

I say go for it!! You could have the best time

Deety

SF Supporter
I am going to a concert alone for the first time next week, and I am a little nervous. I didn't want to make whether I would go or not dependant on having a friend who also wanted to go though. I am travelling to go to the concert (short flight) and staying at a hostel overnight. Fingers crossed I enjoy it and don't feel too anxious about being there alone. I'll let you know next week! Have you booked your ticket yet?

StillSurviving

Hi StillSurviving, that is so cool! I have done that before a few times when I moved to a new city and didn't know anyone yet, etc... and I had some really good times. It's actually a great place to meet ppl too, if u are up for that. There is nothing like seeing one of your fave bands live! I know it's really hard with anxiety. Hopefully, u will get lost in the music and have the best time u have had in a long while. I hope so anyway, let us know how it goes
Hi Dawning

It's nerve wracking just thinking about it and I have 4.5 months of thinking to do before the event! Hopefully I will get lost in the music - I know I will regret it if I don't go.

I've been all over the place alone and I think you will have a great time. I think a concert can be easier than other crowds because you can head bob or move around and it looks like you are into the music. You could always leave if you hate it for some reason. That is a nice gesture that the musician you like is coming to your town.
Hi Annette

I do most things alone, but every time it's something new, it causes anxiety. I'm sure nobody will be watching me, but the thought of dancing or something.....arrrggghhhh :)

Yep I've been to a concert alone. Not only that I had to travel a hour and a half by train there and back by myself too.

Although to be honest that was very long time ago.

You don't have to be in the middle of a throng of people, you could just stay towards the back and just enjoy the music.

I say go for it!! You could have the best time
Hi nobodyknows

I'm lucky - venue is 15 mins walk from me!

I know I have to do this.

I am going to a concert alone for the first time next week, and I am a little nervous. I didn't want to make whether I would go or not dependant on having a friend who also wanted to go though. I am travelling to go to the concert (short flight) and staying at a hostel overnight. Fingers crossed I enjoy it and don't feel too anxious about being there alone. I'll let you know next week! Have you booked your ticket yet?
Hi Deety

I hope you enjoy your concert next week - do tell us how it goes.

Not booked my ticket yet - tomorrow or Thursday is the day.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Well you know what? You're either gonna have a great time or you can bail out early.
P.S. What if you meet the woman of your dreams in 2 months and she wants to go along with you? Ok, I'm not gonna add pressure to this. hahaha Just messing with you.

StillSurviving

Well you know what? You're either gonna have a great time or you can bail out early.
P.S. What if you meet the woman of your dreams in 2 months and she wants to go along with you? Ok, I'm not gonna add pressure to this. hahaha Just messing with you.
I dread to think what my nerves will be like.

Meet a woman? Zero chance. Meet one that also likes my kind of music? Even less of a chance. Unless I meet one on the night :p

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Never been to a concert. But whenever I go to a movie theater, I always have to have my buddy accompany me. Because after the two of us see the movie, I like to discuss it. Luckily, he likes the same subject matter as I do. Also, he always insists that we stay seated throughout the end-credits because there is usually a teaser after the end-credits.
Incidentally, because you mentioned about meeting a woman at the concert, I might as well tell you how I got a girlfriend unexpectedly. Several years ago when I became homeless, I was staying at a Homeless Center. It was there that I became friends with a homeless lady and even after we got our own dwelling places, we kept on seeing each other. Later on we had to split up for reasons that I don't want to disclose here. But it was No heartbreak because we parted amicably. No hard feelings at all. Just a lot of fun memories. Thanks for the memories, Teresa.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Best of luck at the concert. I was at a concert in February and I saw some people alone there, its not that uncommon. No need to be anxious, just focus on having a good time.

Let us know how it goes, wishing you a fabulous time :)

StillSurviving

I will post more tomorrow but I got back an hour ago.

AMAZING! Loved every single second of it and when people got out of our seats to dance and sing, I managed to get to the front, leaning on a speaker and was inches away from one of my idols who looked directly at me on a number of occasions and smiled at me a few times.

Unbelievable - I am nearly in tears at being so happy. 41 years of age and i'm like a teenage fanboy.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00