going to doctor`s in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jane doe, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

Well i really need to put myself toghter as i quited college because i cant get upfrom bed for my depression, and i have an appoinment on 5th may to see a doctor who will send me to a psycologist or physchiatric. but i dont know how will i start, should i show him/her the scars ? or tellhim about everything else and at the end show them? dont show the scars? anyone has an advice'?
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

First visit to a psychiatrist/psychologist can be intimidating and a "get to know you" session.
    I wouldn't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or threatened, but do try to be as honest as you can be.
    If you are worried that you won't be able to talk, write down anything you wanted to bring to the session and give them that.
    Hope it goes well for you hun :hug:
  3. Ann

Ann Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear you quit college:mellow:
    I think there's no obligation for you. You'll just act like you feel to:smile: If you wanna show your scars do it, if you don't then keep them hidden.

If you're feeling low you can MP me anytime :wink:
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:hug: If you feel comfortable showing the scars, then go ahead, if you don't, then don't feel obligated to do it, most psychiatrists will ask you questions, and you answer them, you can tell them anything you want, it's just up to how comfortable you feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.