Going to get help today, I hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jeannie, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeannie

Jeannie Member

When I realized last night that I might wake up and that I can't afford the hotel I planned kill myself in I finally called the doctor and my therapist. Both will see me today. They may put me in the hospital. Hopefully I will feel safe there. Away from my meds that I plan to do this with.

I still want to die.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you called your doc hun I too hope the will give you some respite in hospital until you feel safe hugs
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, it was a very brave step to reach out for help. You should be proud, well done. Good luck, I hope you receive the help you require :hug:
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

It takes great courage to take this kind of positive action. Be proud of yourself. I hope they are able to assist you in finding resolutions for wellness.
  5. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

I know how much strength it can take to do something like that, especially when you're teetering between life and death. I applaud your courage, and really hope you get the help you deserve.
  6. Inker19

Inker19 Well-Known Member

If you couldn't afford the hotel, how will you afford the hospital? I need to go to the hospital, but I don't have the money.
  7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

There are so any available programs to help those who cannot afford. You need to take some time, some Google magic, and some networking to find those things you need. Contact NAMI and ask for some support.
  8. Inker19

I looked at the website for the closest NAMI branch to me, and all they have is support groups for families of people with mental illness. Nothing about any services for the actual people with the illness. The only phone number they had was some lady's cell phone and when she answered she just said "hi" and didn't address who she was, so I just hung up.
  9. Inker19

After doing some research, the only place that would take me in for free is only for substance abusers. So basically, I'd be better off if I were a drug addict.
  10. Inker19

There's no options out there for me, so I guess I'll just live the rest of my life (however long that might be) with crippling depression.
  11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Jennie...you can be so proud of yourself...please let us know how it goes and I am so glad you chose what you did as we cannot afford to lose you
  12. Neverforget

Neverforget Member

I am glad you reached out for help. I too have reached out for help several times in the past. I am glad I did not commit suicide. Today I have hobbies, is currently looking for work, have friends and is enjoying my life.

Don't worry about not being able to afford the hospital. The last time I went to the hospital after a failed attempt, I called for help and was admitted for a week to a tune of $15K. I had lost my insurance but the 911 operators told me hospitals are obligated to help.

The collection calls/bills stopped after one year, I think. I told them I couldn't afford to pay them. The downside is I have fair credit now because of that huge blimp, however I hope to work out a payment plan once I land a job.

Debt is revocable, death is not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.