Going to <mod edit> myself again . . .

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sum girl., Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sum girl.

Sum girl. New Member

A few months ago I <mod edit - method of dangerous self harm>, now I'm having a strong urge to do it again only this time my therapist won't be able to come to my rescue. I know this is what I want to do but it's not because I want to die.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013
  2. JekyllHide

JekyllHide Member

Re: Going to stab myself again . . .

please don't do that.

I understand the urge to self harm. I also suffer from suicidal ideation on a regular basis.

it's not worth it to injure yourself like that.

if these thoughts get serious, can you please call a sui or mental health hotline?

I'm always here and will respond to PM messages 110% of the time if anyone ever wants to just talk.

3. Sum girl.

Sum girl. New Member

It's not like I didn't try. I've reached out to everyone. I did everything my therapist said and I don't feel any better. I don't want to upset or hurt anyone it's just I can't handle living anymore it's to difficult and hurts.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

How long have you been seeing therapist? Are you also being supported by psyche or medical?

5. Sum girl.

Sum girl. New Member

I've been seeing my T for about 4 months and I tried the whole med thing it didn't help me so I'm not on any meds nor do I see a psychiatrist.

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

4 months is a short time and meds often take 30-60 days before even attaining a therapeutic level. I am not at all implying you are not trying - it seems like forever I am certain - but in reality that is not long and need to try to find other ways to channel pain until it has a chance to work.....

:hug:

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

It is time to reach out to yourself. It's a forward plan that you must create, navigate, and succeed in.
    Medications and doctors/psychiatrists/therapists are a part of a long term process. Don't give up on them, but also add yourself to the mix of everyone you reach out to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.