Going to prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
After a long long police investigation i am probably going to go to prison. It is for a non violent offence. I have been very honest with all my friends. Their reaction has been
1. To cut themselves off totally
2. To limit themselves to a very occasionally email
Even those from church will not talk to me.
I stay in the house all the time because when I am out i get abuse

What is the point of going on.

Kid B

Welcome to SF Simon - I have sent you a personal conversation.

I am sure you will also get positivity here and that others will be supportive.

ByePolar

Depending on the crime, and the country that the crime was committed in, you can get different prisons. There are ones that are more laid back than others. But, there will still be a lot of people. I hope you don't get convicted. My biological father was sent to prison, so we could talk if you want.

Huw

In what seems another lifetime I used to frequent bars that usually had a high criminal element. The men had this strong sense of criminal values. The one I will never forget is this, " If you can't do the time. Don't do the crime". Non violent does not mean that somebody wasn't hurt emotionally or financially. All crimes have perpetrator's and victims. How do you think the victims felt and now feel? You don't seem remorseful just full of self pity. If you are guilty then you'd better make sure the judge gets a sense of genuine remorse. As the day draws nearer you will feel worse so be prepared for an emotional roller coaster. By the sounds of it this is a first for you and that will act in your favour. Pleading guilty at the first opportunity is also a good idea.
Hope it works out OK for you.

You are right of course. It is all my fault and there are no victimless crimes. I am filled with self loathing rather than self pity hence my suicidal feelings. Thanks for your straight talking.k

Huw

You are right of course. It is all my fault and there are no victimless crimes. I am filled with self loathing rather than self pity hence my suicidal feelings. Thanks for your straight talking.k
If you are truthful with yourself you'll discover that self pity, because of a looming prison sentence, trumps self loathing every time. The scramble to get off confuses the emotions. This is dangerous, because officers of the law and court recognise these slight deviations.
Write a letter to yourself and be brutally honest in what you say. Once you've been honest with yourself you'll pave the way to pleading for mercy. If you are UK based a pre-sentence report would be requested by the sentencing judge. That is your opportunity to privately explain the circumstances that motivated you and display an obvious wish to turn back the clock and undo everything you did.

Judge yourself harshly and convey this to those you must face.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi Vincent, I'm sorry to hear that you're in this situation, it has to be an overwhelming thought going to prison. I hope this can be avoided somehow. It's times like these that we see who our true friends are and it hurts when those we call friends turn their back on us. Anyway, I want to welcome you to the Forum, everyone here has problems of some kind and we try and support each other. Keep going Vincent, I'm sure you will get through this and we'll support you the best we can. Take care
Brian

Hi. I also have the same fear right now. I have an ongoing case in the court. I'm no a criminal but the guy who filed a case against me is so so mad at me. He provoked me so I committed revenge thru bad text messages. Now, these text are evidence against me. I am pleading for his mercy but he doesn't listen. Life is hard. It's painful for me. I will lose my job, my house and everything. I cannot see any light anymore.

Huw

Hi. I also have the same fear right now. I have an ongoing case in the court. I'm no a criminal but the guy who filed a case against me is so so mad at me. He provoked me so I committed revenge thru bad text messages. Now, these text are evidence against me. I am pleading for his mercy but he doesn't listen. Life is hard. It's painful for me. I will lose my job, my house and everything. I cannot see any light anymore.
Sounds like a classic case of playground tit for tat with you falling into a trap he had set to get you into trouble. If this is the case then you really need to get these facts in front of a judge via your lawyer. Life is hard enough without us making it harder. Cut through the emotions and deal with the facts as they were. Hopefully your point of view will be sympathetically accepted and the judge will want to bang your heads together.

Hope you can deal with this and learn from it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00