Going to sleep in the snow?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by KennethJones, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennethJones

KennethJones Member

Ive been thinking about trekking outside on an abandoned trail and laying down in the snow to die once i become too tired to go on like a soldier. The only thing that stops me is my parents.

I find it hard to keep positive. Ive been rejected by so many people. I can't make friends and no woman would want me. I am highly unattractive and I think some people dislike me for it. I have doubt if i will be able to hold down a job in the future so i fear being homeless. Also i am 23 with no job experience and no drivers license because i just can't drive a car. Living in Michigan you are guaranteed to be unemployed without a license.

If it wasn't for my parents i'd do myself in. I know its irrational but i fear having at the affects of my suicide in the afterlife (something i wouldn't want to see).
  2. mystereo2099

mystereo2099 Well-Known Member

Poor guy, couldn't kill himself because he was afraid what the others might say about him. Heh, yeh couldn't put the parents through it - that'd be selfish and mean to them.

On another note I don't think you would die, it's not possible to go to sleep when you're that cold - I've tried camping in the winter. Assuming you could, you'd prolly just wake up pissed off and chilly. Or maybe frostbitten and they'd have to take your extremities. In other words no more arms, legs, hands, feet, they might even have to take your penis.
  3. downmage

downmage Well-Known Member

Hang in there buddy. Your only 23 you've got lot of life ahead of you.
  4. littlestar

littlestar Guest

don't fall asleep in the snow. i have fantasies of doing that, but i won't do it. it won't be pretty. it would be exactly as mystereo2099 describes.

5. mystereo2099

mystereo2099 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to be a voice of reason. But in all seriousness, one day at a time.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Kenneth,
    Welcome to the forum. Let me start by telling you that fantasizing about death is not abnormal. Everyone does at least once in there lifetime. Then there are those of us who suffer from suicidal ideations where we think anout it all the time. You can come to terms with these thoughts.
    You can't do it alone. Have you sat down with your parents and talked to them about it? From the way you care about them I would think that they would be very supportive. You should make an appointment with a therapist. They can teach you coping skills and how to not discount your positive thoughts.
    You say you are unemployed, well you can go down and apply for medicaid to help you to be able to afford to see a therapist. Once you start thinking positive people will look at you in a different way. I am a firm beleiver that they can pick up on when you are negative and when you are positive. Please think about what I have said and get the help its there you just have to reach out for it. Take care!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.