Going to sleep so late that it's early

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by The_8th_Wonder, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I can only sleep when I am tired and my parents won't allow me to take sleeping pills and I can not drive to get them myself.

So is it a bad thing that I am going to bed at 7-9am every morning even if I am getting 10 hours of sleep and waking up at 5-6pm?

2. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Well in theory you're getting more than enough sleep so you're not sleep-deprived lol but your sleeping pattern's messed up =S basically you stay up during the night and sleep during the day? i dunno if that's healthy or not though. sorry i'm not of much help..

3. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

It's probably not too bad for your health if you're still getting enough hours, but it can be bad for your mental health or whatever
    Like.. if you go to school, it's going to ruin that
    Or if you have a job that's usually during the day
    Basically you're living when most other people are asleep
    So you'll lose alot of social-ness
    I use to be like that alot, I prefered being awake during the night/early morning when others weren't, and sleeping the day away was easier then living it
    But then there is school, work etc.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Those are the hours I prefer to be awake. I like to be awake when most everyone else is asleep.

5. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

I used to be like that, last summer. Sometimes I still get like this. I just have to set rules for myself (which I sometimes follow).

You do not want to take sleeping pills, even if they sound like a quick fix. They make you feel like crap. Especially if you have problems with insomnia. Then you're just lying awake, drowsier than ever.

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I also used to have the same problem b4 i told it to God. How i managed to solve this problem was a tip i got from this mentor. He said that i should not sleep at all during the day if i didn't sleep the night b4. i.e don't sleep from 7-9 AM. AT ALL. stay awake the whole day; don't even take a nap. go out of the house and engage yourself in variou activities to keep you awake; go play or work. then at night you will be so tired and sleep automatically. if you still won't be able to sleep at night and stay awake till morning, DON'T DO IT. DON'T SLEEP. don't give in until at night when you'd normally go to sleep. your body will adapt to this new habbit.

also work out in the gym during the day if the above advice won't work for you (believe me it will). you will be so tired you will fall asleep.
    sleeping pills; thats a no no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.