going to work is extremely stressful..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wanttodie, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

in the corporate world especially..i have gone for 24 days and its taken the air outta me..its a computer programming job and because of my intense social phobia and fear of past being revealed, i refuse to talk to anyone..the other day boss asked me to give a presentation and i bungled up everything..my heart was racing, hands shaking and whole body was cold..people are extremely condescending and im just a fresh guy with little knowledge and no experience, suffering from mental issues makes things worse..i felt everyone was laughing at me..a few people asked questions and i couldn't answer..i just dont feel like doing anything and i just live in extreme fear and pain everyday waiting for the day to end and hoping that boss doesn't come around again asking me to give another public presentation..i worry abt my past being disclosed as well..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  2. ghost

ghost Member

are you able to work from home if you could? maybe you should tell your boss or if you have someone at your work place who deals with problems then maybe they can set you up so you can work from home if you have this phobia effecting you,

you can say like, you would be able to concentrate more or something, i know being around a load of people you don't know and being expected to do some work that requires thinking can put pressure on you.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i can totally relate..:hug:

4. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

oh yeah..ive got huge social phobia..its so bad the poeple i trust are VERY far and few between. but yeh, i hate public speeches, theyre horrible..

5. wanttodie

i can't unfortunately and the truth is that you can't survive in corporate world if you are SP, depressed or suffered from defamation in past.

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I don't understand how so called "normal" people can survive in the corporate world. Only two types can survive. Ass lickers, butt munchers, and back stabbers. Make that three types! I was never good at math.

Anyway, it's a good idea not to tell people at work you're suffering from a mental illness. That's strictly your business.
    Hopefully your boss won't ask for another presentation.

7. wanttodie

Do you really think I need to tell anything. It doesn't take a psychologist to tell if a person is suffering from mental illness.. shaking hands, slurred speech, blushing, remaining quiet all the time etc - these symptoms give it away..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.