Golden Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslim

THANKS ALLAH OTHERS MORE SUFFER AND I AM BETTER THAN OTHERS

when i am dipressed i remember that

if i have problems in my work i remember that
many people havent work,many peaople cant earn,many people arent educated.....THANKS ALLAH I AM BETTER

if i have problems with my wife i remember that
many people wants to marry,i found love others didnt,lot r divorced
many of others cant live with their wives......THANKS ALLAH I AM BETTER

if i have problems with money i remember that

me and my family r healthy,we have food to eat other didnt
i have bed to sleep other havent.....THANKS ALLAH I AM BETTER

many of times i wants to kiss my mothers hands and tell her
i am sorry much of times i hurts u i talk with u loudly and u r not sad
i leave u for long times only ask for u only by phone..forgive me

IF UR PARENTS R ALIVE
CARE OF THEM

AND SAY
THANKS ALLAH I HAVE MOM AND PAPA OTHERS HAVENT

Muslim, why exactly have you come here?

All it seems to me that you're doing, is preaching the word of Allah and Islam.
Thank you for the support, but please maybe offer people some other support too, in terms of advice and not just religion? It doesn't work for everyone.

You know, if you're all going to just pick apart any religious post why not just ban religious posts. I liked this post, thank you for sharing it with us, Muslim. I think some of us might maybe learn from this, to say thanks once in a while, to not take what we do have for granted. I don't think it was preaching at all, to be honest. I had more to say but don't want to start attacking specific members so I won't. Yeah, I imagine you'll rip me apart for this, but i just want to ask you this...if the original poster had written the word 'God' instead of 'Allah', would you all have such a problem with it?

im not bashing just his religion..ill bash all religions because I dont believe shoving your religion on people is okay. So sorry you don't like my opinion..not that i care too much..

Have a wonderful day now you here :)

im not bashing just his religion..ill bash all religions because I dont believe shoving your religion on people is okay.
That's nice. I believe sharing his religion would be more what he is doing. You don't have to read the post, you don't have to reply, and you certainly don't have to convert to Islam...I also obviously wasn't directing my post specifically at you, it just happens that you replied but I wonder why, if the issue is people talking about religion or preaching as some people seem to perceive it as, why is it that the Christian orientated posts don't tend to get as many nasty comments, or complaints. Oh well, just a thought.

So sorry you don't like my opinion..not that i care too much..
I said, I wasn't saying it to just you, but now that you mention it, I think it was pretty rude and offensive. Behind the screen name, there is actually a human being with feelings, it wouldn't hurt to remember that.

Christian posts do get complaints and nasty comments. In fact a lot of them are deleted, whereas I don't believe a post about islam has ever been deleted.

I wasn't bashing his religion but if you go look at his posts in here every thread he's created is you shoud praise allah..etc etc. I'm clearly stating that coming here for that is a waste of time because a lot of people don't want to hear about his religion or any for that matter. You stated that you were voicing your opinion, i value your opinion, but I in turn am also allowed to state my opinion. I can post where I see fit if I feel the need to give my opinion...everyone is entitled to do so.

In retrospect I apologize for saying i didnt care too much, it came out wrong, and don't feel b/c i lash out you can't post here.

THANKS ALLAH OTHERS MORE SUFFER AND I AM BETTER THAN OTHERS
I don't agree with this sentence at all.

"Thanks that other people suffer more?"

Sorry, but I am definately not happy that some people suffer more than me.
It's sad that they do, so why should I feel happy about it?
People suffering is not a good think and it is imo inappropriate to feel good about it just because someone has problems with himself..being happy about other's misfortune is imo a bad thing because everything comes back to you.

"Thanks that other suffer more than me" sounds highly egoistical and mean to me.
Besides, when I am sad/depressed the fact that other people suffer more doesn't make me any happier.

"Thanks that I am better than others?".

I also think that this is not appropriate.
It sounds highly egoistic.
Thinking that one is better than others is already a thought one shouldn't have...
When I see somebody who lives under worse conditions than me I won't be like: "Haha...I am better than you!".
I would worry and want to help them.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I don't think this is a religious debate the overall message of the post seemed to be that during times of depression look at your life, see what is good, what is important, what gives you hope and what brings you joy.

These things are different for every person, and these things also change during the course of our own lives as well.

I wasn't bashing his religion but if you go look at his posts in here every thread he's created is you shoud praise allah..etc etc. I'm clearly stating that coming here for that is a waste of time because a lot of people don't want to hear about his religion or any for that matter. You stated that you were voicing your opinion, i value your opinion, but I in turn am also allowed to state my opinion. I can post where I see fit if I feel the need to give my opinion...everyone is entitled to do so.

In retrospect I apologize for saying i didnt care too much, it came out wrong, and don't feel b/c i lash out you can't post here.
I do understand if you, or other people don't want to hear about religion. I respect that. I just don't find it very fair to write offensive comments in response. But, I've said my fair share of nasty things on this forum, and anyway, I do respect that you can state your opinion as I can state mine. Sorry for the things I said out of anger. It wasn't personal at all.

R

reborn1961

You know, perhaps the person was just expressing that instead of feeling sad, they realize that their misfortunes are not as bad as others thus they should be thankful rather than depressed. Thats what I got from it. And the fact that some words may be Islam is not relevent. I don't think the point was to embrace a certain religion. I know that often in my posts and replies I reference God and heaven etc. If I say the words "Thank God I do not have cancer"...does that make me some crazy bible thumper?

Unfortunetly any reference to any part of any religion gets alot of peoples undies in a bundle. Maybe step back and look again. Many of us are religious and references may come up as it is part of our life and conversation. It does not mean I am preaching anything. I can't tell you how many times I have been in chat and young folks are talking about music that I have never heard of. Should I request they stop? Try and put things in perspective first.

muslim

You know, if you're all going to just pick apart any religious post why not just ban religious posts. I liked this post, thank you for sharing it with us, Muslim. I think some of us might maybe learn from this, to say thanks once in a while, to not take what we do have for granted. I don't think it was preaching at all, to be honest. I had more to say but don't want to start attacking specific members so I won't. Yeah, I imagine you'll rip me apart for this, but i just want to ask you this...if the original poster had written the word 'God' instead of 'Allah', would you all have such a problem with it?
thanks kindtosnails

u know that really make me surprise that any mention to ALLAH every one says we r offended
and try to threw me away from that forum
i just give a brief picture of my religion
i be happy when i read about christians and jewish and other religions
because as i am a muslim these religions are blind area for me
so i be happy when i know things about it
really i dont want to say that
my name (muslim)is centered below my post name
if some one didnt want to read my posts he can do it by reading my name
not to just attack me

thanks for u all

muslim

in brief my post means

if u have a cup of water filled to its half

someone will say half of the cup is empty
another one will say half of the cup is filled with water

try to choose your self from that two

i think u got it

Axiom

Account Closed
That's really not the point. And how does it make it any better? Whatever. I'm sorry I ever posted. I knew it would be a mistake.
Guy, what you said in your posts previous was right, it wasn't a mistake.

The post itself, conceptually is nice. Be thankful for what you have, cause someone else has it alot worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I don't think it's the post, per se, just perhaps the way it was phrased. Muslim has limited use of the english language so I just took it with a grain of salt. I have the same thoughts, only substitute "God" for Allah. When I feel sorry for myself I try to remember that others have it worse than I. I think that's what he was trying to say. I don't like "preaching" either, by any religion, unless I asked for it, but I try to understand the original intent of the person posting. I'm not much on Islam, nor any strict fundamentalist religion, but I try to ignore it, whatever parts I don't like, and take it with a grain of salt.

least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00