gone by sunday.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by leaving, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaving

leaving Member

Today I spent at the police station, accused of actual bodily harm. accused by the woman I was sure I'd spend my life with. The charge doesn't just mean a criminal record, if they find in her favour I lose my job, my house, my car, everthing. On top of losing her.
    I spent the day in a cold cell, not working out excuses, the truth is I didn't hit her, I didn't intentionally harm her, and when she came at me I tried to just push her away from me and my house because I didn't want to fight.
    I found myself writing letters in my head today. To everyone who's ever impacted my life. To say sorry, to say thank you, to say goodbye.
    This coming Sunday would be my 27th birthday. I dont have one single thing left that makes me want to see it. I'm sending the letters marked do not open until 5/12/2010. By then it will be too late.
    I'm sorry, all I seem to do is dump on people and now on the people of this forum too.
    Please dont feel you need to reply. I just needed to say it to one person.

2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

We all make mistakes, can you learn from this one and change it to make it good.

Do you want to talk about what happened?

3. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

who are you writing letters to

4. leaving

leaving Member

Family, friends, the people I've lost or hurt or am about to hurt.

Thanks but I dont think it will help me now.

5. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

Writing those letters must be hard.. I'm sorry you feel like you have to do this..

6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Leaving you dont have to do this, its not going to solve, or make anything better.

Talking never hurts anything, if anything maybe someone has went through the same thing and can help you.

Can you picture the people your writing to reading the letters, what its going to make them feel?

Do you have family near?

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That is awful...she should be ashamed of herself to bring so many problems to you...but that does not mean you have to lose everything...first see what is going to happen...do u have an attorney? if you cannot afford one, are there public defenders? Please tell them you want one and make sure you are adequately protected...do you live in the US? I know many ppl familiar with US laws, but am useless accross the pond...please let me know if I can help in any way...J

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

That is one of my biggest fears actually. All a woman has to do is cry foul and the cops haul you away, proof or no proof. We guys are the one's to blame for this though. Thanks to the bad guys out there, the rest of us have to pay for their crimes. The cops have to assume that you're the bad guy. Hire a good lawyer and fight it in court.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.