Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Trinder, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinder

Trinder New Member

My girlfriend has left beacuse of my temper ive tried so hard to change and she wont have any of it anymore i cant live without her i need help
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

You sound like you need to enroll in an anger management class.
    Not that you come across as all that angry,if at all.
    But you say you are,so yeah.
    It would be better proof to present to your lover that you are actively in the process of trying to change and modify your behavior for the best.
    You may get support and cracking advice on this forum,well you almost certainly will.However,you need something tangible to present to your other half,evidence that you are going through a change that will benefit you both.

I used to be a very angry person like yourself Trinder,very angry indeed,but let's not talk about that now.Even thinking about it pisses me off something rotten it does.

You need to make fun of your rage,burst the angry bubble before it forms,develop a keen sense of self awareness and a notion of how silly you must seem to onlookers.
    You may know an angry person yourself that you find slightly comical.
    Casually observe this individual and apply the lessons learned,from watching, learning and documenting happenings,onto your own situation.

Outwit your inner caveman with fancy designs of the mind and clever ploys.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think one cannot just stop showing anger...one has to stop being angry...maybe sorting out why you are angry and how to express it in other ways might be helpful...J
  4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Well, you have taken the first step, you have realised.......
    Now, you have to change.
    The devil will always be on your shoulder, start to recognise him, start to control him, start to control yourself.
    It can be done, i promise you.
    Post a little, listen too, show intention, you will like yourself so much more when you learn to control this vile emotion.
    Good luck, am around, message me if you wish. Been there, bought the t-shirt,
    Truth hurts, always does, tomorrow new page?
    Regards Pete
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Find a more constructive way to channel your anger. Maybe she's afraid that you'll get angry and attack her?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.