Gonna be a homeless waif?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by supaplex, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supaplex

supaplex Member

To put it shortly, currently I have no job and now I have been given an order to move out of home, because parents are fed up of me living on their wallet. It feels like the life is gonna be over as long as it lasted.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about what's happening to you.....
    do your parents know you are feeling like this?...
    please tell them and get some help.....
  3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

can't you look for a job? at least if you offer to pay rent they might let you stay
  4. supaplex

supaplex Member

I'm doing voluntary work here and there to spend my time, gain experience and acquire new contacts, but getting a paid job is more difficult currently. A bit of a ridiculous situation really. I also don't feel my efforts are valued and they don't get me anywhere, so it creates a feeling that why should I live in this world at all. But we'll see, what happens.
  5. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

You should take whatever you can at least to pay rent so you don't end up being homeless. That might mean working at walmart or being a dishwasher. Anything is better than nothing
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear things are rough. Sometimes we look to hard for the perfect job. Why not take something anything? If you are homeless it will only make things harder.
  7. Seems_Perfect

Seems_Perfect Well-Known Member

A few years ago I was in a really bad state of mind due to depression and I left everything and everyone. I quit my job, disconnected from my parents, dumped my g/f, blew through money, took stupid risks, and eventually I was living in my car. After a few months I was able to get out of that abyss and today things are back to normal and, yeah, that experience turned out to be a blessing. Thing is, I would never in a million years want you to go through that.

I didn't dare ask for anyone's help b/c that would require admitting to those back home that I was in trouble. So, instead, there were days when I didn't eat. I would go to the dollar movie theater and sneak into movies just to have a dark place to crash during the day b/c sleeping in a car isn't exactly the kinda thing that encourages a safe, good night's rest. I'd find my way into a gym just to be able to shower regularly and brush my teeth and try to look to the outside world that I was fine and normal and not homeless. There was nothing enjoyable about that time when I didn't have a place to come home to.

What I'm saying is I really pray you don't become homeless and you'll do what it takes to prevent that. Maybe your parents just want to see that you're trying to earn a living on your own. Like the others have said, any paying job will make them happy and keep you off the street. Even if you're not paying rent to them, offer to pay the utility bill or offer to give them something just out of thanks.

I really would hate for someone to go through anything near what I did, especially if they don't have to. Good luck w/ everything.

BY THE WAY: There is no such thing as a job that is "beneath" someone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you think certain jobs are beneath you, I'm just saying its okay to work your way up the ladder from the bottom rung. During the time when I was getting my life back in order I took some pretty "bad" jobs but they allowed me to build myself back up starting with my character and who I am on the inside.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  8. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Can I give the parent's perspective on your issue, you say you are volunteering and that is excellent, you have the right idea, to gain experience even if you don't get paid for it, surely your parents must see you are making an effort.
    What I wonder is, what do you do if you are at home all day, do you lie in bed, play computer games, watch TV or do you do things to help your parents out around the house?
    Paying your way in the home need not necessarily be financial, if they are both out working, could you make the evening meal, do the washing/ironing or clean up?
    Not suggesting you spend all day doing chores but I bet you could get a lot done in a spurt of a few hours, what do you think?
    I think your parents would see and appreciate that you are 'paying' your way.

9. supaplex

supaplex Member

Interesting story, Mr Seems Perfect. What and how are you doing now?:) At least you had a car to sleep in!

Hazel - they don't appreciate voluntary work, because they are only interested in money and income. One of the problem with those so-called "low" jobs is that I have already gone through them, but couldn't motivate myself to stay in those long-term, because I didn't feel it was going to bring or elevate me anywhere, rather than create an endless stagnation. Regardless of the variety of activities and experiences so far I feel that me and my thinking are not really rated or appreciated by anyone at least on a professional level and if so, can't really get anywhere. It's all quite depressing, because I feel I have to live an unsatisfactory life forever... as long as it lasts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.