Gonna die alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by fattybitct, Jun 17, 2012.

1. fattybitct

fattybitct Account Closed

Anyone else sure they'll be alone forever? After years of constant rejection and humiliation I've settled on the idea I'm too ugly and unlikable for anyone. I figure I can't even make a friend there's no chance I'll ever find a girl that likes me back. Accepting I'll be alone forever is the smartest thing to do. It still makes me sad to think about though :(

Anyone else relate?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I am just because no one ever follows through on what they tell me. It's always words and their actions never back it up. Guys tell me I'm beautiful and special, then they leave, or hurt me...and it makes me think they were just saying it. So I know that I'm just a worthless person. I've already accepted that I'll spend my life alone.
  3. fattybitct

fattybitct Account Closed

If guys are willing to lie to be with you then I think you're okay.
  4. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

I'm ok with living alone, and i settled with the idea, i think i'm going to get a dog though.
    Damn today is a very negative day, i feel so depressed, usually i don't dare answering threats, but i thought what the hell...
  5. douglas

douglas New Member

I agree that the best is to accept. Otherwise on top of being alone you also get frustrated all the time.
    Be rational is the best thing. So if you realize there is no way you will be with someone someday, accept it. But also you cannot expect that you will be happy forever because there won't be more expectations and frustrations.

Sure your situation will get better, but we need to accept the fact of life: there are good days and there are bad days. Yin Yang; Good, Bad; they all exist in the world in the same amount. The white part is not bigger than the black part. Both are part of life in the same amount.

Also another thing you need to accept in order to not increase the sad parts, expecting they will vanish forever. They will always be there. Just learn to deal with it. You are sad? Be sad. Don't hide. Next day will be better. If you are sad and you go down in a spiral stairs wondering why you are the only sad person in the world, then you are increasing the bad part. Just live in equilibrium, and that doesn't mean going around jumping on fields of flowers. Means bad and good days. Be resilient.
  6. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

I'm alone, i've never had a relationship really so dont know whether i'd like this or not. it does frustrate me at times since people around me all have someone. i dont think i'd do well on my own. i need a meaningful human connection.
  7. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

yes - and my solution is dogs, at least two of them. they love you unconditionally and all you have to do is feed them.
  8. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'm in the exact same position and maybe I should consider getting a pet/s also for the first time in my life when I go out and live alone away from my family someday. :(
  9. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I miss my cat more than I miss my old girlfriends, even more than I miss my old friends. Maybe because I know that my friends/old girlfriends can take care of themselves, but animals are a different story… it's important that when you get a pet that you realize that they're like your baby and you can't just treat them like a thing, or like something that you're using for a selfish purpose or just to make you feel better… you really do have to be able to make sacrifices for them and give them a good life and companionship and care and help them when they're sick and everything, and if you're not prepared to do that then you shouldn't get one.
  10. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I've accepted that there maybe a possibility that I'll be on my own for the rest of my life, but I'm not going to say that I will be on my own because it's impossible to know, I can't predict the future. I'll never get a pet, not a big fan of domesticated animals.
  11. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

yes i am and it does not bother me really.
  12. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

same story , infact I wish I had less friends and people worrying about me .
    So how do you wish to .. eh extract your presence .

Ah well a big hug , see now you are not alone :p
  13. BruceWayneWannabe

BruceWayneWannabe Active Member

Yeah, I can't pick myself up anymore which means I won't be able to work for the things I need to get a girl to notice me. But even if I did, that's not really a guarantee anyway. In fact, it probably wouldn't work anyway, now that I think about it.
  14. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

Yes, mainly because I make a mess of every human connection I'm involved with.
  15. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I used to think I was going to die alone.

Now I almost hope I do.

Being alone sucks... but being in a bad relationship sucks more.
  16. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

For a very brief moment I misread what you wrote as

"If guys are willing to lie with you then I think you're okay."
  17. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll be alone. Nobody wants to be with me because of my emotional baggage-PTSD from childhood physical, emotional and sexual abuse, I'm a cancer survivor, and I've survived my husband's suicide. Nobody wants to take all that on even though I've had years of therapy and am considered 'normal' and 'healthy'.

Guys lie to get a girl to have sex.
  18. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you, tried. Ever since I was a child I have practically messed up each and every single chance given to me to have a connection with someone. It's gotten to a literal point where no effort on my part is required before the other party decides that I am not worth their time, usually after about two interactions/conversations.

Even in the off chance that the person still continues to associate with me for longer than that, it doesn't take very long before I screw something up along the way. Now after so many years of this happening, I just don't care anymore, because I find it pointless to cling to the notion that there's a possibility that someone could actually develop feelings for someone like me - because simply put - I know that possibility is nonexistent.

Now I'd rather just die alone, my bones rotting, and be forgotten, if I was ever to be remembered in the first place.
  19. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll end up living alone but I don't let that concern me anymore, I just appreciate the close friends I have now instead of stressing over how awful I am at interacting with women I find attractive, heh.
  20. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

The only way I will probably ever get a girl is through an arranged marriage with a girl from my native country of India. But she would only marry me for ulterior motives, for my American and Canadian passport. If I didn't have those, even she wouldn't give me the time of day. My parents have been gently nudging me towards that. But I've kept rejecting them, having an extremely small and slim hope that I would actually find a girl myself and we would both actually be in love before marrying. My parents don't mind if I find a girl myself and won't force me into marriage. But they are quite worried about me and think it would be better for me to have an arranged marriage than to be alone for the rest of my life. They are worried especially with my depression, thoughts of suicide, having literally no friends, etc. and think a wife would really help me out and would love and nurture me.

But of course I don't want to attract a girl because of my immigration status, I want to attract her for who I am. But I have nothing to offer. I am a reclusive freak who is drastically different from everyone else out there. I'm sure even that girl would dump me right after she becomes a citizen and doesn't need me anymore. No girl would really want to stay with me long-term.

But I think I will have to swallow my pride and go ahead with a "mail-order" bride. I'm not getting any younger here. Being the age of 25 and never having had a relation with a girl, never had sexual intercourse, held hands, kissed, etc. I'm getting naturally frustrated here as everyone else has already done all those things and here I am, hanging high and dry.

My parents believe that at first when we marry, we may not love each other but it'll blossom over time. They think the exact opposite here in the west, "first comes marriage, then comes love". Maybe over time, we both would grow to actually love each other, but maybe not either. Hell, so many "love" marriages in the west end in extremely bitter divorces, so I think its a crap-shoot no matter what type of damn marriage I get into. Even if I am not happy, maybe I will have a chance to give her a better life in a new country. At least I could do some sort of good deed.