Gonna try applying for a second part time job

JCC988

I've decided I need to do this. My current income is uncomfortable even living with low living expenses here with my mother. A second job will bring me back to what my income was before I moved back. I don't know if I'll be able to get a second one though even though I'm currently working. You know how it is. Competition for job openings, schedule issues, and the infamous resume black hole.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Good luck, man. Keep applying and try not to get too discouraged. This isn't the most ideal time to try to get jobs so just keep looking. You're a tough guy, you got this.

JCC988

Good luck, man. Keep applying and try not to get too discouraged. This isn't the most ideal time to try to get jobs so just keep looking. You're a tough guy, you got this.
Thanks. I know how hard it is for sure. If it makes any difference I talked to a manager who told me to start applying tomorrow.

Miriam

Sounds like a wise choice. I am going through the same problem as well. I'm not earning enough to survive however work 5 days a week. I need to either get a higher paying job or second job (taxed double, which is depressing. Hard to get anywhere with how the labour market is structured in Australia for permanent-part-time staff, we can not work over 36 hours. I would work 50-55 a week rather then get a second job). What type of work are you looking for?

JCC988

Sounds like a wise choice. I am going through the same problem as well. I'm not earning enough to survive however work 5 days a week. I need to either get a higher paying job or second job (taxed double, which is depressing. Hard to get anywhere with how the labour market is structured in Australia for permanent-part-time staff, we can not work over 36 hours. I would work 50-55 a week rather then get a second job). What type of work are you looking for?
At this point anything I can get that will fit my schedule and not make me want to bash my head on a desk. It matters little otherwise.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00