Goob bye all thanks for support

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Darken, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    Im tired of being judged by people. Im tired of people being intolerant to people of different beliefs. Im tired of being judged as a bad person because im a atheist. Yeah I dont believe theirs a magic man in the sky, bite me. I dont like being judged and I dont judge other people. Its just a way for people to be condescending to each other. Tired of these religious nuts treating me badly. Fuck you and your evil fake gods. In the future their will be no more religion. The world is still going to be shit tho, overpopulation , pollution, poverty.

Tired of this world, all the wars, violence and bigotry. I have my prewritten suicide note ready. Got a full bottle of pills. If their is a afterlife and theirs humans thier Im gonna bash my head on the ground till I die again. Every day life is a pain, not worth living. I cant get better I have 2800 $ dollars right now and I dont see a reason to spend any of it, might as well just die, buying things isnt going to make me happy.

Tired of the nonsense that goes on every day in my life. People tell me "stop being a little bitch, life will get better, you have to live you have no choice" . We will see if I have no choice fucker. Im going to cease to exist, I will escape.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

If a religious person tells you that you are a bad person then simply ask them what they're doing to make the world a better place. How are they being enviromentally friendly or alleviating animal suffering, what stand have they made against human rights abuses?

What you believe about the unfairness of people and the bad aspects of religion is right and needs to be heard by people. As you say buying things won't make you happy but maybe if you manage to teach just one person the error of their ways then you will be.

3. Flatliner

Flatliner Guest

You seem like a very angry person. Is there a reason for this? What's happened in your life to make you so angry?

4. yada

yada Well-Known Member

Similar situation... I come from a very religious upbringing, but have always had my doubts and (unanswered) questions. I'm very scientific, but not an athiest, and not exactly agnostic either. I believe there can be a god, but don't believe that Jesus or Buddha or Krishna or any of these are real gods. Someday we may find out who god really is, or find some scientific part of nature that we've been calling god all along. The thing is, people need something to believe in, and it's a way for people to cop out of being responsible for their own actions. My opinion still. To those who actually believe, that's fine, but I see people, in my own family too, depend on it to the point of not taking any action for themselves anymore. I don't fight it and I don't proselytize, so I wish they wouldn't.

In my recent phase of depression, I've lost my religion altogether, giving up any form of ritualism, and tuning out anything religious forced upon me. But I play along in front of others, so that I don't have to be judged, and to respect their culture (which used to be my culture). And to keep my depression-induced personal changes to myself. Am I sucking up? Perhaps, and perhaps that's due to the low-self-esteem in me saying that I need to co-exist with these people and can't shut everyone out for silly little reasons like this, but of all the options I've tried in the past, this one makes me the happiest. I am not happy for many other reasons in my life now, but religion is no longer one of them. And no, I do not consider this hypocritical. In other cases, I choose not to associate with these people altogether.

Now don't get me started on the people that proselytize vegetarianism to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2006
  5. the_dream

the_dream Guest

its a bummer that i never seem to meet you guys in the chat i would have like to know you zohmygob

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

When you say "Don't get me started on the people that proselytize vegetarianism to me." I hope that's not how I came across in my previous email. It's the whole judgement thing I can't stand. People often use the 'either... or' logic, ie either you believe in Jesus or you go to hell, either you stop eating meat or animals suffer. This is a false way of thinking and is very destructive. I like people to look at the middle ground, so for example I would say go ahead eat meat but it's better to buy it from a butcher than from a supermarket. I think the criticism aimed at certain fast food companies in recent years has forced them to buck up their act a bit.

If people make statements such as "you're a bad person" then they should be forced to consider what constitutes "bad", is it just something they've read in the bible or is it through an experience of life. Often people hear something and then just act on it, ie. 'my friend says I'm overweight so I'll go on a diet'. This may or may not be true but my argument is you should hear something, question it, determine the validity of it and then act.

7. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Religion can be a beautiful thing, but the horror of it is that it's constantly being abused by people who think they know better. If the religious heirarchy are a bunch of fools (not that all of them are), then remember, you don't actually need them to worship God. Do you think the God you beleive in will punish you if you don't listen to bishops and priests?
    Do you think you must live your life by a book and beleive how it tells you to beleive?
    I for one don't need a book to make me beleive that if I jump off a cliff I will plumet to the ground so why should we put all our faiths into such mediums. Never give up on God, just give up on doctrine.

8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

All atheists have thought of that before. The conlcusion is; God is deistic, which means he created the earth and or universe and is no longer around 2 god is evil 3 god doesnt exist. I find the idea of magic ridiculus, im about 99% sure magic doesnt exist. Unexplainable, impossible, supernatural.

9. The whole God thing is ridiculous. It's a 'strawman fallacy' that everyone is wasting their time on both defending and arguing against.

Instead of arguing about God, the default position should be that everything happens according to cause & effect. So all your pain & happiness is the result of your own past actions [even if you can't remember those actions]. Why is cause & effect so "radical" ?! its the most natural explanation, and should very much be the "default" explanation instead of randomness and God.

10. Flatliner

Flatliner Guest

For someone that doesn't believe in religion you spend an awful lot of time ranting about it.

What exactly is it about religion that makes you so angry? Is it the cause of your personal problems?

11. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Magic is really just a name given to illusions we do not understand. To someone living in medieval times, a helicopter would be considered magical (or witchcraft). The supernatural makes a lot more sense if you look at it from a scientific point of view rather than from a hocus pocus im so scared of my bed linen kind of way. The stuff ive learnt from it is very reasuring if nothing else but like all doctrine, don't treat it like it's true, just grab the best things about it.

12. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I was kinda wondering the samething, I am religious but don't talk about religion as much as a few people I have seen here. I have nothing what-so-ever against people with different beleifs or none at all.

I am sorry you feel some people here have done that, if you feel they have, don't give them any nevermind.

I'm here if you would like to talk, try and take care of yourself.

:hug:

13. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Read the history of the earth. What good has religion done for the world? none its only made the life much worse for humans. Its a bunch of lies. It hinders your ability to reason and think for yourself. Its dangerous and false and should be dealt with. I dont dislike religious people I used to be one, I just dislike religion.

14. 1. how do you seperate 'religion' from 'religious people' when without religious ppl there would be no such thing as religion. the term 'religion' is just an abstraction over particular behaviour patterns of individuals.

2. maybe the world would have been EVEN worse without religion. maybe with religion lots of ppl obeyed moral rules which they would not have otherwise. even though there were wars and fighting, the whole issue is far too complex to just judge it entirely based on that.

3. most religions are bad, but some are good. the bad ones give a bad reputation for ALL of them. for example, no wars have ever been faught in the name of Buddhism. and lots of modern scientific data confirms the teachings of Buddhism. this is the exact opposite of what we know of most other religions though, so it's wrong to generalize and make categorical statements over all religions when not all of them are wrong.

there's more issues i could go into here

15. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Most religion is a brainwashing tool, and most people are indoctrinated into it at a young age. When the religion is gone so will the religious followers.2 No it wouldnt, Because religion makes you intolerent to different people etc, morality doesnt come from religion, I find that insulting. All are bad, budhism isnt as bad as say abrahamic religions but its bad. Spirituality and religion are two different things. I didnt make this thread to debate religion, my main point was im tired of the intolerance , cruelty and stupidity of humans.

16. tabby

tabby Active Member

I know I'm going off more on a tangent about religion here. But I can also relate to some of your beliefs about this world as suicidal thoughts. I was an atheist like you before, angry about how religion spreads lies and condemns people, while the masses continue to support and join them. It wasnt until I became religous (I'm now just spiritual) did I realize the true motives behind the people who "condemned" and told you youre going to hell. People truly had faith in what they believed in, and many do it out of love to save a person. Many do not care how the outside world views them, as long as they believe that God is with them. It may not be insanity, and it may not be intentional harm, and having been there myself (in a religion), I found others to be even more pre-judgemental. You can't read somebody's heart by judging by their cover. But I do agree that there are some hateful people who need attention to their own lives, instead of others. The world can be a cold dark place, but is it really worth it to get angry over?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.