Good afternoon and thank you

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BH Manners, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BH Manners

BH Manners Member

Thank you for the priviledge of allowing me to post on this forum.

Some of you may know me from other discussion boards (Ex-Church of Christ, Secular Web-Free Thought Rationalism Forums, Islamicity, ect). This seems like a pretty well used board with a huge database of members so I wouldn't be surprised if I have already met some of you.

Anyway, I am here mostly to hear what you have to say on the subject of suicide and learn from you all what you have to share.

What has peaked my interest is recent research showing that in some cases people involuntarily go into a state of mind where they kill themselves, often this occurs after long periods of stress and or abuse/bullying.

On a personal note I have never seriously considered suicide and hope I never have such thoughts. I did have a cousin who died back in 2005 of a heart attack in the official records of the coroner. I wonder though because the night he died he had a gun and was threatening to kill himself. He also had access to prescription medications that he could have OD'ed on. Officially his mother said the autopsy found he had the heart attack, but I really don't know if she is telling the truth.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum.

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome to the forum

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to sf :)

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

6. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

8. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

:welcome:

There's always the chance she lied to you, but who's to say she isn't doing it for your protection? You never know, he just may have. Either way I guess we can't dwell on what's happened. Welcome, though.

:sf:

9. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to sf :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.