good friends

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Loco72, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

SO I have these 2 friends that are so amazing, I wouldn't know where I would be without them...I'm BiPolar(type II), so sometimes I have a problem with impulse purchases, some not so big but some huge(ie motorcycle). This problem has caused me to be in a pretty deep financial hole. Since I've become very aware of my impulse purchasing problem, I've done pretty good about not buying anything, or at least if it's really bad, buy something small, cheap.

Well, Last week wednesday I was at the store...had to buy a vacuum cleaner...anyway...I love animals, I have 2 cats at the moment, but when I lived with my mother we had a ton of animals, and I miss that. When it comes to animals the impulse purchasing is VERY hard to fight. That's how I got my second cat...anyway...So I've wanted to get a cockatiel for a long time now(I had 2 back home), but over here they are pretty expensive, and when you add the cage and all that stuff it really is a lot of money. Well, when I was at the store wenesday I wanted to buy one so badly...and I know I didn't have the money...so I ended up texting my one friend J. And she talked me through the shopping helping me not to buy anything I don't need. The next day she called me and asked me if I would accept a gift from her and her partner, they want to get me a cockatiel. Well at first I did not want to them to do it, cause I know money is tight for them too. But they would not let me worry about that. So they ended up getting everyting I needed, and 2 birds...

I know it's something small, and to most people it wouldn't necessarily mean much...but it touched me so deeply...I can't even put in words how much it meant.

p.s. sorry, that was a long confusing ramble

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

:hug: That is what real friendship is all about dear. Friendship, making a friend happy goes way beyond money matters. Keep them close to you as you have a fortune in those friends. :hug:

be well

granny

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Real friends are there for you to share the good times and embrace the bad times. It's good to hear you have people you can turn to.

4. Dying embers

Dying embers Well-Known Member

That's lovely, you must be a great friend too for them to care so deeply about you. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.